GLI decent car or German Nightmare?

Hey,First of all everyone hear understands that all i do is talk about a different car each week so if ur just gunna right comments about that i would stop reading the rest of the post. Does anyone own one of the 2006-2008 Jetta GLI they look like a great car. There not goofy looking and big like the GTI but still have the same power. i think they look alot better but thats because im not a hatch person. change the front to the regualr jetter chrome front and i could see it being a sleeper especially if you put some TDI stickers no one would know what ur packin.

i like the mk5 gti’s are my favorite hatch of all time .some of the earlier 2.0t’s suffer from the HPFP cam lobe wearing out… i’d like one as my next car. they already have BT kit’s out for them and they are MONSTERS!

put TDI “stickers” on it? :confused :wtf

That wouldn’t make it a “sleeper”…a sleeper is something thats quick or fast that no one is expecting…a stock GLI de-badged is not a sleeper in any way. IMO.

i ment after u have some work done i didnt just mean debage it, what i ment was confusing. i know what i thinking i just dont always type it out

what about my GTI?

• pressure wash king.

:rofl

Your GTI is sleeper, there’s no TDI stickers on it though. and we’re talking GLI no GTI. :nono

i dont know why youd prefer the chrome bumper over the black bumper, id understand the brushed R32 bumper as that looks awesome… but the gli is a nice ride, ive driven a stock 6 speed one, it was smooth power, handled well, and was very well equipped.

never been a fan of any jetta’s…not a fan of 4dr cars in general because of how tall i am…gti all the way

Yea im only 5’8" no problem fitting in any car. GLI are a little more expensive than the GTI too arent they. in all honesty i would just like to make a fast turbo diesel jetta.

have fun with that. im not a diesel person, unless its a truck… loads of torque + FWD = :headbang

yea my old stealth used to torque steer like a biotch :nono

One of the diesel tuners makes a tuner for the TDI’s. I cant remember if its Banks or Bullydog.

“At this year’s Geneva Motor Show, one of the stars of the Audi stand was definitely the special edition Audi R8 V12 TDI LeMans, the first 12-cylinder diesel engine in a high-performance sports car. The six liters V12 TDI engine produces 500 hp and 1,000 Nm (737.56 lb-ft) of torque”(autounleashed.com)

its a shame we have a 99.99% chance of NOT getting it

those tuners are shit.

the way to go is with a rocketchip or a kerma alligator tune.

:sad :idiots

The 12 cyl R8 will not even be mass produced, however a smaller size version (V8 IIRC) will be and has a much better chance of making it over here.

I like GLI’s. theyre pretty quick and look good. I never owned one, so I dont know if they are a nightmare to repair. Pete would know pretty well. I’d also look into vortex

:+1 For the MK5 GLI > MK5 GTI.
Way too awkward looking for a hatch.

And I have to agree with the GLI being a sweet car to drive.
I was really tempted to trade in my Wolfsburg for one when they came out…

<3 my GLS 1.8T DD.

30mpg ftw.