Gun enthusiasts

Again I’m all in for opinions and comments but you REALLY need to have a grasp on what you’re talking about when it comes to this stuff before posting away.

For starters, that DPMS handguard you linked to is produced nothing like the carbon in my handguard. That handguard is made from off shelf mandrel formed carbon tube. That stuff is made by wrapping cloth(typically 2x2 twill) or by filament winding the carbon tow around a steel mandrel. The carbon is then either wrapped in heat shrink tubing or is vacuum bagged around the mandrel. the carbon is pressed into the mandrel to form a smooth INSIDE, and a rough outside with then requires secondary finishing. More importantly though, it’s only formed under atmospheric pressure, or about 14psi at sea level.

My parts are formed under pressures 6-7 times that which yield a substantially more dense matrix than you could ever dream about getting by the other methods. The result is a carbon product that is multitudes stronger than the one you posted, more that half the weight, and 2-3 times thinner than thier because they need more carbon/resin to maintain stiffness.

Again, no ring is needed up front. The ring would dent/kink/smash before the carbon did…and for what it’s worth…there is no front ring on that handguard either…that’s the barrel nut