Gun enthusiasts

Looks really nice Adam!

carbon work looks great. it’s not for me, but it looks well made for sure

More new pictures of it on a complete rifle with a barrel this time. Barrel is a 16" long Rainier Arms recon with an FSC brake attached. This shows how a rifle length handguard looks in comparison.

I also put in a picture showing how forward attachements can be mounted using stub rails pieces, which will be available from me or you can use other aftermarket options such as the Magpul parts($6-10)

definitely looks cool now that we can see it with a barrel on it.

i agree it looks sweet installed. it flows better than i thought it would.

now it needs carbon fiber muzzle, carbon fiber adjustable stock, and a carbon fiber mag. maybe carbon fiber iron sights?

good work

Did they discover a new mineral or something?

it still needs the ring in front like this http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/accessories-gear-sale/28984-dpms-carbon-fiber-free-float-handguard-carbine-length-ar-15-a.html

He already gave his reasons for not putting a ring on it. I’m positive Adam knows far more about what he’s doing than you do.

^^ LIKE.

This x100000000.

the rail segments you are using look a lot like the ones lwrc uses on their spr and repr systems. i need more segments for my spr but i need to know the the size and spacing of the mounting holes to know if they will fit, i would also like to know the price of the segments and availabilty, if theyll work id rather buy them from a local business rather than lwrc directly.

Again I’m all in for opinions and comments but you REALLY need to have a grasp on what you’re talking about when it comes to this stuff before posting away.

For starters, that DPMS handguard you linked to is produced nothing like the carbon in my handguard. That handguard is made from off shelf mandrel formed carbon tube. That stuff is made by wrapping cloth(typically 2x2 twill) or by filament winding the carbon tow around a steel mandrel. The carbon is then either wrapped in heat shrink tubing or is vacuum bagged around the mandrel. the carbon is pressed into the mandrel to form a smooth INSIDE, and a rough outside with then requires secondary finishing. More importantly though, it’s only formed under atmospheric pressure, or about 14psi at sea level.

My parts are formed under pressures 6-7 times that which yield a substantially more dense matrix than you could ever dream about getting by the other methods. The result is a carbon product that is multitudes stronger than the one you posted, more that half the weight, and 2-3 times thinner than thier because they need more carbon/resin to maintain stiffness.

Again, no ring is needed up front. The ring would dent/kink/smash before the carbon did…and for what it’s worth…there is no front ring on that handguard either…that’s the barrel nut

They are my own design, I CNC them here… I share similar bolt patterns to the Magpul rails for compatibility reasons.

Show me what you need in a PM and I’ll see what I can do for you…

Will do ill have to take the measurements tomorrow for the bolt spacing, once i do ill pm you the dimensions and what im looking for. thanks man

sorry to get your panties in a bunch.

i think your product looks good. just figured i would say what would make it look better.

i will no longer post replies to your stuff

Panties not in a bunch, just going against you talking out your ass and posting about stuff that’s clearly wrong :slight_smile:

Example…you posted a picture of a carbon handguard saying mine should have a front ring like that one did, when that one doesn’t even have a front ring itself :rofl

So from what I’ve read it is still legal to sell stripped lowers. Have you ever considered making lowers Adam? What would the legalities with that be like? Would you just have to ship them to an ffl or would you have to get a license yourself? Just curious.

Need FFL for that. I have my own upper designed but trying to work around a few patents at the moment.

Very cool, keep us updated.

How rigid is this? Seems thin, and alot of open wasted space up front especially to be rigid which is important.