Gun enthusiasts

Pressed carbon is allot more rigid than the cheap shit you’re thinking of.

is it as rigid as metal? I don’t know I’ve never touched it.

Maintains equal rigidity of your common 6061 parts with 30% of the material cross section, give or take pending shape design. Beyond that, it also gives a bit at the point when it starts to deforms but returns to shape. Whereas the aluminum deforms permanently at that point.

And what are you referring to as “wasted space up front”???

your saying this is as rigid as in the material moves less when you shoot the gun or press it than the same thickness aluminum?

By wasted space I am talking about that it looks like you have room to add thickness to to it to make it really stiff, but that’s why I asked if its as rigid as metal would be. I find it hard to beleive but then again Ive never seen it in person.

Since you say it is as rigid, I’ll beleive you. Ide like to see some texture to it to elimiminate slipping in wet conditions.

cf will be just as rigid (if not more than) aluminum and even more resiliant, when you fire an ar no matter what you try to do you will get a slight amount of deflection in all of the barrel, if you were to build a rifle that didnt have any deflection it would weigh a whole hell of a lot more than 8 lbs, resilliance is the materials ability to return to its original form, CF is used for a lot of applications because its superior to aluminum, its stronger and lighter, unless you have broken an aluminum forend you have no need for a CF forend of equal weight, the lighter cf forend will be stronger than aluminum, and this is coming from someone who knows absolutely nothing about metallurgy or materials science lol

Once a part meets the desired strength characteristics intended, any extra material is just waste and added weight. Many people underestimate the strength of properly formed carbon structures. It’s not used in space craft and formula one cars for nothing :slight_smile:

The surface does have texture and I think I mentioned it in the original post… It’s cut into the mold and is formed into the surface of the part during the molding process. One of the closeup pictures shows it a bit. It’s very effective

I saw that it said that but I don’t see it. Probably cuz of the pattern of the cf hides it…are they those lines that run parallel with the barrel?