had my 280z dyno'd this morning

big thanks to turbociv, I’m going to take his advice and get a wideband. I think it needs a bigger Carb.

295hp 291 peak tq
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21384[/ATTACH]

That’s got to move pretty good for a little 280z that originally put down 150 hp at the crank. :tup:

Needs more LS1 :slight_smile:

I bet that thing fast however :tspry:

Let the haters keep on hating. I really like this.

That’s a pretty good looking curve too! Toss on a 100hp shot and really get her moving.

:bigtup: what was a/f

don’t know, dont have :frowning:

car looks very nice pulling away. how often does that exhaust scrape the ground? i was getting there as you were leaving

might aswell post a pic, I fag’d it up real good for you with instagram

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21387[/ATTACH]

it scrapes everywhere. the clamp that was holding the broken weld part of the muffler actually came loose, its good for now, gave me another 1.5" of clearance

Car looks nice. What does a combo like this usually make? I bet NA that is still a low 12 high 11sec car even with that power if it hooks. To give an example of proper tuning ho gains when Chuck did my old Cam only setup I gained 65rwhp on the tune it was so far off.

I used a few calculators and asked the engine builder what he figured it would make, everything points to around 400 crank HP. it seems about right with the 700r4 raping me of HP due to its OD.

I’m going to get a wideband and watch the a/f. I think it’s leaning out in the high rpm, the heads, intake, and cam are all advertised for peak flow at 6500. so something is up, however I’ve been reading that this isky 280mega cam falls on it’s face early before its advertised duration, that could be part of it.

its not bad for a baseline, we’ll see what happens in the near future. as of right now the game plan is wideband > possible Carb / up jetting current > nitrous

come winter time I’m looking at getting a blow through Turbo set up, bigger cam and a bigger stall. I’d like to end up with 500+ when done.

Should go low 12’s with some traction, mine with the turbo 6 and about the same power, but a bunch more midrange torque, trapped 108 with no boost on the launch. I’ve only gone 12.9 though because of street tires and open diff.

why do you think it went lean up top? did u pull plugs right after the WOT?

what size carb do u have and what jets are in it?

i have a wide band u can use.

Carb is a 600 cfm Holley vac secondary. john (not turbociv) upjetted it but I don’t know what size. it does have a 2" Carb spacer.

I have not pulled the plugs yet ill do that in a few hours when I get home, I did call isky and asked what they thought of the engine setup. they agreed I should get a bigger Carb but should test it with a wideband first. I think the motor still has some power to give.

and that would be great if I could borrow your wideband, Is it an innovate lm2? let me know what sensor / bung to get. I think I still have your number, ill send you a text sometime In the future once I get the sensor put in.

I’m liking this more and more. Although I would have kept the 6-speed.

Pulling the plugs now won’t tell you anything, it has to be right after a pull.

How much does this thing weigh?

998 with motor, 8 without.

its probably 2600ish lbs i haven’t gotten it weighed yet.