HALO FREAKS ENTER v.holyshitmay16thneedstobetomorrow

7 minutes of halo 3 beta footage played on an odd variation of ZANZIBAR

ignore the techno and its even better :tup:

tune in now, b/c chances are the MS demons are already in the works of shutting this one down :ohnoes:

I cant friggin wait. I think I may have to upgrade to a bigger tv for this :ohnoes: ughhhhhhhhhhsoegh5jo0hy9wesighdnbe4uih4y9ojuw3

oh ib4Microsoft!

that was bad ass. JDMR2 i want you to go fuck yourself. halo 2 i was a fiend for. i’ve been intentionally ignoring halo 3 so it doesn’t suck my life away like halo 2. i cant fucking wait for this game.

i gotta get going though. if you guys need me today, you can find me on HBO and various other halo sites. also, i have to catch up on Red versus Blue. see ya.

How many Halo’s are left? 4? I am talking about in the game, not game titles…

meh…Halo has always been a mediocre FPS.

Graphics are meh as I was expecting GoW and Lost Planet caliber eye candy.

Its beta and they have plenty of time to polish it. rest assured it will look as good as gears of war if not better

I doubt it’s going to drastically change from what we saw, though.

looks cool but i hope they clean it 100% up

6…remember the halo in halo2 was not destroyed…

IMO GoW wasn’t that visually appealing. besides, the halo3 landscapes are so much more vast than gears…the designers talk about the long efforts into constructing the distant landscape so well that you could feasibly walk the tens of miles in the game to get to them and they would still look perfect. plus they won’t stop bragging about how good the “water” and “waterfall” effects are…

To the game’s credit as well, watching a streamed video in poor resolution does not do it justice as well.

:word:

may 16th shall tell much much more :tup: :headbang:

that shit is really really hard to emulate, I would brag too if it looked awesome…

No i haven’t watched the video yet… i will once i get flash and other things working … 64bit FF isn’t compatible sigh

Low quality video plus an earlier Beta Build. I’m sure the Beta coming out on the 16th will be much better quality.

To this day, Bungie has never disappointed me. Even from the early days of Myth and Marathon they have always delivered quality material with little to no BS.

And I don’t mean to single you out Jay, but why do you feel the game is mediocre? Never impressed by the graphics? General gameplay? Story line? A little more than ‘meh’ just to back yourself up. I’ve always enjoyed Halo because its a more simplistic, straight forward game. I enjoy puzzles and hunting, and racking my brain every now and then. But I also enjoy some straight up ‘kill every mothafucka in the room’ carnage sometimes.

Well I did enjoy multiplayer in Halo. Halo 2 was much of the same stuff as Halo 1 which left me with a real “meh” feeling. The single player game was OK. But I don’t care for the weapons, I don’t care for the character design, and the online games seem to be skewed to certain weapons that always dominate. You are right it is a bit more simplistic which also leaves me feeling like there could have been so much more to it. I prefer games that are a little more based in reality. Mainly I like realistic-ish weapons and no aliens.
If Halo were to be launched on the PC only, I don’t think it would have enjoyed the success that it does. I think it was the fact that it was one of the first console games that everyone owned (because there wasn’t much for Xbox at the time) that allowed you to play online. Games like Half-Life 2 (yeah I know it has aliens but the game is fantastic), FEAR, FarCry, Rainbow Six, Call of Duty are much more up my alley.

I will likely rent Halo 3 and make my purchase judgement off of that. I am really looking forward to Crysis on the PC for my next FPS game…speaking of which I need a new video card.

i don’t give a fuck about the graphics. i just want more content.

I have to agree with Jay on the weapons for the Halo series. The coolest in the game is the Covenant sword/sabre and that isn’t saying much. There needs to be a big machine gun or something similar.

Considering the broader range of weapons this time around, I’m hoping that the weapon gap is closed. For the most part, the weapons are pretty well rounded, it just depends on who’s using them. I know Howie and I had pistol duels to no end on Hang 'em High in the original Halo (nothing beats sniper battles with the pistol). They did too much to ‘even’ out the weapons in Halo 2.

Counting the days to May 16th :smiley:

Pistol matches on Hang 'em High is still by far my favorite. :tup:

I will get a 360 the day this comes out. :slight_smile: