Hard Drive Recovery

Anyone know of any software or techniques for recovering data off a crashed hard drive? If there is a way to repair these bitches then Id be interested as well.

Thanks

umm. how much is the data worth to you… if its worth a lot to you. stop messing with the drive and send it to me. the more you mess with the drive the more the data is being overwritten

the drive took a dump and did not boot. I have 2 shot ones and they both have operating systems on them. They died due to …umm… excessive shock. Teach me how to recover. I want to learn.

lol

buy software from these guys

encase.com

and then i will show you…

i do this stuff for a living man… if its a hardware failure (not a software crash) its out of my hands…

most of the time its the board on the hard drive that is shot… if you can find a board that is idential you may be able to swap it out and have it work for you…

we have hundreds of drives at our office so its highly probable that we have your make/model…

however. if its really messed up (arm or the heads) are jacked… it will cost you about 2k to get it fixed.

ok then you can show me

i have easy recovery profesional … i don’t wanna send this out to anyone and i would burn it before i did that … it’s got sensative info on it .

what’s up with mine is it won’t read the portion of the drive that’s alreayd been written on.
it’s a maxtor 300gig

edit: sorry for the thread hijack

dude dont listen to jon

just throw it in the freezer for a couple hours and it might just start spinning

That only works about 10% of the time. Also, it is only effective if the drive has had a mechanical malfunction, not something like a short in the circuit board or something.

Back to the original problem. Are you sure the drive isn’t readable? Did you try putting the drive into another computer as a slave and possibly being able to see the data? Just a thought…

CONDENSATION -

nm

and what do i know…

Data recovery is not my specialty. My guess is you know way more than me. :gotme:

The freezer is a horrible idea, that can cause the drive to be permanently ruined and unrecoverable. I had a drive take a shit on me, and being it had crucial business data on it, i had to have it fixed. the lowest quote i got was $1100. CleanBaldy took care of it for much less than that. I suggest talking to him or jon, and not listening to the rest of the dumb ideas that may surface. It is what they both do for a living.

Mike

ok… for yall who dont know i work here —> pglewis.com

but what do i know…