Hard Finding 225/55R/17's

My 04 Grand Prix CompG is going to need new tires for the winter…for now I’m looking at all season options. Currently on the vehicle are BFGoodrich Comp T/A’s which have a bit of dry-rot and if their wet performance is any indication of what winter would be like I am definitely going to need some tires.

As I look for performance tires that can also get you threw snow I find myself with a very short list that are in my size.

The shop I go to all the time says the Toyo Proxes 4’s are a good bet, but I can’t expect to see them in my size till possibly the fall or later.

Falken Ziex has also been recommened to me and look to be a good low cost tire. Not thrilled that my current options are only Japanese but whatever fits and prices right I guess I’ll go with.

I was told Pirelli PZERO NERO M@S tires would work but I can only imagine the price on those and searching threw online retailers I couldn’t find them in my size.

I have to admit, tires are actually the one area I know little about when it comes to fitments. What sizes fit on what rims and such. I know changing from stock sizes does usually mess with the speedometer.

In any event, any of you who work at shops and find you have some spare time on your hands see what you have for a selection on 225/55R/17’s in the all-season “performance” categories, preferably low profile.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVID+H4S&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=255HR7H4S&fromCompare1=yes&place=18

^Back when I had a Grand Prix I had these tires.^
Buy these and you will not be disappointed.

Although an optimal solution to your problem would be to get a set of tires for winter and another set for summer. Just depends on you price range. Also I don’t follow your statement about not being thrilled about buying Japanese tires. They make why better tires than just about any US company and at 1/2 the price.

go to tirerack, type in your car info, look at all the tires they offer.