hat cleaning

Lets hear all your hat washing tips. I got a couple that need a cleaning and not sure how to approach it. Ruined one hat in the past. :tdown:

chuck it in the washer if its a regular flexfit. 5950 wash by hand

This…hang dry

I tossed a flexfit in the washer before and let air dry. The thing shriveled up on me.

thats odd. sometimes mine misshape a lil bit but once i put it on my head, all is well.

Just buy a new one?

in dishwasher or just by hand then air dry.

ive always used laundry detergent and a tooth brush or a bigger type of brush. use luke warm water. usually will soak it, then brush, then rinse, and i repeat this a few times, then hang dry over night

That makes sense every time my white hat gets a dirty smudge.

I threw my white hat in with my white laundry load, and wore it when I took it out of the washer. I noticed in the past that if you let it air dry before wearing it, you’ll get some shriveling and wrinkles. Just wear it around wet for an hour or so and it’ll be perfect.

Being soaked in water won’t ruin the brim right? I have a hat that has gotten a little dirty from all the races I’ve gone too this summer, and finding a replacement has been a pita as most new hats are either very ugly or are dumb flat brimmed hats. Finding a normal looking fitted hat is almost impossible.

Amen…I usually wear the flex-fits all the time, I hate the flat brimmed hats. Which kinda sucks cause my godfather is a head honcho over at New Era. I’ve always tossed my hats in the washer and let them dry. Sometimes they are a bit snug, but just need to wear em around a bit. Never had a problem with the brims besides normal wear and tear.

+2 reason for not buying a new hat.
Finding descent non flat brimmed hats is becoming harder.

I’ve never had any issues with them deforming with that hat rack looking thing that you throw the hat in and then put in the dishwasher.

Link? Sounds Interesting.

I seen those hat racks years ago at walmart, one of the reasons for posting this thread to see if anyone uses them.

i had one of those hat racks a long time ago it worked well. i used to put it in the dishwasher

i have a half dozen of em. fuck em theyre more hassle than theyre worth. they were made way back in the day for hats that hard cardboard in the brim instead of plastic.

cant you just bend it to shape? I remember doing that back in the day…

I’ve had it for a LONG time, since when I wore a hat almost everyday. Basically think of an exo-skeleton for a hat that is hinged and opens to put the hat in it and then throw it in the dishwasher. It made my white Polo hats back in the day come out brand new looking.

I never had an issue with the plastic brimed hats in them.