have some questions about my 97 GTP

ok i havent been through the grand prix forums in awhile…i remember something about a u-bend delete.i wasnt sure if there was a pipe out there that can replace it or would i have to buy a pipe and bend it and get it welded in.and also i remember that a 97 was difficult to find a CAI because i guess the collant bottle was in the way…is there just a cone filter that drops in place of the air box?for now thats about it…with me driving it i did a 15.02@91 with major traction problems at PRP and my dad ran it last weekend and discovered the tire pressure was 38 psi all the way round so he dropped it to 28 and turned a 14.86@94 still with traction problems but not as bad. thats not bad for a stock 97GTP with 113k on it

Theres this http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=504&catid=110 , in my buddys grand prix we put a whole new downpipe in

thats wat i was looking for…thanks…how much of a loss is there with that u-bend?

the pipe is crushed down to about 1 3/4". it’s a big restriction

iirc jeff made bolt in pipes for a couple guys around here

I run the RT Catless DP and its a nice gain

thanks for all the input…since its my daily im just looking for cheap/small gains

1st try makes nice ones!

I got one through 1st try. he can make you a whole 3" downpipe for a good price

Another ingenius idea from GM.

Just like the oil flter location on a supercharged ecotec.

with in the next few weeks ill shoot them a pm…thanks guys

1st-Try FTW

Tell me about that…I help change smokeyassface’s and it is a bitch.

whatever you do make him put in a flex piece!