HDR Pics(questions for the photography guys)

I really like those OVERexaggerated HDR photos. Here’s some examples.

I really really like those and I’m wondering, can I use my simple point and shoot canon with 3mp or will I need to use a fancy camera to get photos like this of mine? Can somebody help me take some pics and turn them into THAT?

simple to do … but they wont be as good of quality … send me a pm and you can send me files and ill do em for ya

so ill need a more sophisticated camera? my friend has a pentax x10 or something along those lines. hes got a couple of lenses. its a nice cam and ive played with it and pics come out super nice. will that one work out if i get some shots with that?

you need to take 3-5 pics at different exposures. merge the 3-5 pics together and tweak them to your liking. you can do it with your camera…its the post editing that will make the pics look HDR…that is the difficult part

I used to mess with it, kinda lost interest. It’s a fad that I wish would go away, especially in the car scene. That Evo shot looks awful.

Im just gonna leave this here…

http://www.johnguillon.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/stages2.jpg

Epic post. Love it.

^^agreed

the processing on these pictures is super simple to duplicate … honestly when i first started out i love this look … now not so much … but if you want something done give me a image ill do it and then if you like it ill explain it to you

I just really like pics that look like that with stone, concrete, snow, asphalt or anything textured in them in the background and something smooth and shiny as the foreground. i think it comes out super nice looking because of how overexaggertated things are. i doubt ill be making those till the end of time, but i definitely want some shots of my car looking like that.

that evo itz ghey. but otherwise i like most hdr shots