headers honda civic

hey what does everyone think about the header on ebay?

:rofl:

960 items found for: Civic Header (Save this search)

buy all 960 and try each one

Pretty much every generic header on ebay is the same

if youre looking to buy a header for a single cam (i’m guessing is what you have), it really doesnt matter, most of them make around the same power, unless you plan on coughing up lots of bill and buying a custom made one. Check out a megan racing header they seem to be affordable, never had any personal experience with them though.

buy the cheapest 1 piece you can find in stainless steel. if you cant find a cheap stainless unit, buy a cheap chrome one, have a sandblaster blast off the “chrome”. respray with super high temp black paint, install.

if its not 100% stainless, it will probably be slightly rusted when it arrives

and if anyone gives you shit for buying an ebay header, kindly remind them that it only cost you $50. if your real savvy, you can find a whole stainless exhaust from header to tailpipe on ebay for under $250, just dont forget to add a resonator, trust me on that one

i bought a 2 piece stainless one off ebay for fitup purposes, be carefull if you get one, the the gasket will slice through your finger like butter.

dont buy one ur just gonna lose the tiny bit of torque u have

FTFY

IMO…

make sure you get the collector type & size you want. ie: 4-1, 4-2-1, 2.5" etc…

i have no problems with cheaper brands…i’m not going to pay twice as much for a DC when i can get a megan or T-pros for 1/2 the cost & the gains are going to be the same… i think i even saw dyno charts that showed a Megan flowed better then a DC & the generic ebays (t-pros, etc) were like 1hp less then DC

paying for just the name = FTL

get a cheap stainless steel header for the exact yr as your car and write them and make sure it will bolt right in. you can just lay low and browse ebay for awhile and wait for a good used header for a descent price. I bought a used dc for my integra for $100 shipped, its alittle beat up looking but works great.

thx alot guys now with the test pipe will i pass emissions

Should as long as no codes are thrown.

thx sean but if the test pipe throws a code just buy a high flow cat?

i have never seen a test pipe throw a code on a honda, but its been known to happen on some obd2 cars.

anyway, if you do throw a cel, pick up a high flow cat, but NOT a generic high flow cat. stick with a name brand on that one.

not all of the generic ones are junk, but most are, so why gamble IMO

i’ve run a k2 motors header, never had an issue except me not reading that 2.5" outlet. they are an ebay company, i know with my last one, compared to a stock manifold i made 5hp and 7ft lb of torque on my b16, the quality is actually really good for a $75 header

thx alot guys i think all ur input sold me on the ebay catback and header

ebay header = OK if you want to spray it with some high temp to keep it from rusting

ebay catback = waste of money…for the price you can probably get a decent Magnaflow muffler and custom mandrel-bent from the cat back. Look into it before you buy something random on ebay, they sound very cheap.

I got the tsudo cat back for my ride and love it. 2.5" stainless mandrel bent. $225 shipped off ebay brand new. sounds awesome, not loud and no gay honda bee buzzing sound. Only problems some complain about fitment but mine fit great, bolted right on. Big gay tip and the muffler hangs pretty low. Painted it flat black from the axle back so its not so blingy and ricey. definetly worth the money to me.

My last cat-back cost $200 + $50 for my muffler. Summit mufflers start under $20, for about $40 you can get something from Dynomax, Flowtech, or Magnaflow.

Before that I had an ebay deal for about the same price. It didn’t fit very well and it sounded cheap as hell. Wished I would have checked around locally first instead of wasting my money.