Heads-up on Cingular rebates...

got mine in the mail from a couple months ago and it was not quite what i expected. i was hoping that this $100 rebate check would go towards the transition from the old snails-mobile to the new robo-mobile (that dosen’t make any sense to any of you, sorry.), but no, instead of a check, i get a goddamn visa giftcard that i can’t pull cash from. therefore, the only way i can use the fricken thing is if i buy something. way to go visa, you’ve made another 3%!

fuck this. i know it’s not all that bad, but if you’re expecting cash, don’t. you’ll basically get a gas card. i like how they take your money and give it back to you but you can only spend it.

i have a scottrade account, anybody know if i can dump this card into that?

Why whine about it, you were goign to spend $100 anyway… don’t see the problem.

Exactly. I love the cards, much easier than having to go to the bank with a check. If you drive, you know you’re going to spend the $100. So take the money you would be putting in gas and put it toward your transmission.

Hookers and crack ftw :tup:

$100 spendable via Visa > $100 in a check that you have to go to your bank to deposit / cash.

:tup: to Visa rebate cards!

werd, just pay your bill with it. then you have that much more money in your pocket.

i dont see the issue here.

ehh, i guess i’m the only one who has a problem then, haha. i wanted the money to either save or invest instead of use before it expires in october.

anyway, it’s a heads up.

hey hey hey, that all changes today! :wink:

Wow, that was odd. When I skimmed your original post I saw “transmission” when it actually said “transition” and automatically assumed you had transmission problems when I made my post.

But anyway, if you really want to invest the $100 rebate, take the $100 you would otherwise be spending on gas/food/surviving and invest that. Use the rebate card for the expenses.

Yeah, he did have transmission problems.
It was automatic.
And fuck that card.
I would rather have cash so I could put it in my bank account and pay my damn bills.

you can pay your bills with a cc much easier online than with cash.

i shoved a 100 into my floppy once to pay my cell bill, 2 weeks later they said they still didnt get it

:gotme:

hahaha!

i know what you’re all saying and it makes sense. what dosen’t make sense is that i gave them a hundred dollars two months ago and now i can’t do what i want with it except SPEND SPEND SPEND. who knows, maybe i wanted to lay low for a minute to duck cops or more realistically, i wanted to front some money to allstate when i register my new baby today…who knows…:gotme:

funny you thought i said transmission, really shows what is one our minds here on nyspeed, haha

ummm it’s $100.

You are going to spend $100 between now and oct.

Take $100 from your bank account and save it/invest it or whatever you wanted to do

Now take card, and replace debit card with it for the term of $100 in spending.

I really don’t see the issue here…maybe if it was like $10,000 but $100…come on now.

:word:

took me 3x reading this thread to figure out exactly what the problem is - which is that there is NOT one