Heat Gun

Does anybody have a heat gun at home? I was wondering if anyone wants to lend it to me for a day… I have to get that crappy E-Dead sound dampener off my trunk lid… my trunk lid can’t even close properly cuz of it, LOL…

I would be willing to pick it up anywhere in Toronto and pay like 5 bucks for the rental :smiley:

hey buddy go buy one, i saw one at canadian tire had one for sale for like 15 bucks… with the gas price and the 5 bucks retanl you could own one may be you should look in to it :slight_smile:

15 bucks?

I thought those were like 50 bucks or more… besides, I only need it for a couple of hours anyways…

afaik that stuff doesn’t come off well with heat. if it’s like dynamat it’s only going to get stickier and hard to pull off. perhaps the other direction with tempurature would be a solution. freeze it and chip it off. I dunno just my .02

buy it frm CT then return it when your’e done with it…

just like the timing guns and all kinds of other things.

That’s a not a bad idea actually… I just wanna get this thing off, either with heat or deep freezing it, I don’t really care…

I guess I’ll end up doing that, LOL

the best thing for sound deadening is dry ice and a screwdriver it gets tackier with heat trust me

ok, since I’m open to suggestions on this… where would I get some dry ice?

I’m guessing it would be cheaper than buying a heat gun :slight_smile: