heat wrapping

any install links?

looking for a description on how to do that

dont bother, it doesnt really do much when u have ceramic coated headers anyways.

what are you planning to wrap? i have my downpipe wrapped only because it hit my frame rail and rattle, i have read its a bad idea espec. on turbo cars to wrap the manifold, it supposedly keep the moisture in and leads to cracking, your better off getting your manifold jet coated or something similar

It helps if you soak it with water, and wear gloves, that shit is crazy itchy.

to in stall people just use really skiny chicken wire like benedable wire bought at home depo . .

and who can get the heat wrap??? i need some

if you heat wrap i think it will put alot of stress on the manifold because it wont give off heat as easy, just like heat exhchangers, the manifold might crack, and since the heat cannot leave the manifold into the air, it will leave into engine and exhaust side turbine, i wouldnt wrap

The whole purpose of heat wrapping is to keep the heat in. Heat wrap has its advantages but also has its disadvantages like shortening the life span of your manifold. i personally just wrapped my megan manifold a few days ago and it came out great. I soaked the wrap in water to make it easier to work with and i wrapped it around each runner as tight as i could over lapping 1/2inch (i had a 1 inch thick roll). Just make sure you wear some gloves cuz this stuff makes you itch like crazy!

^^ where did u buy it from?? and how much?? i need to buy some!!

varun, the fact that my manifold is ceramic coated is the problem… it is holding too much heat.

everything is melting around it, i am hoping the wrap will keep the heat inside and away from the hoses and lines that are around the manifold.

it melted right through silicone couplers and the lines i have running to and from the catch can.

it gets sooooo hot that it makes my windsheild wipers go nuts in the rain and causes my hood to steam, even at highway speeds.

the manifold is half wrapped, i ran out of wrap, more coming tomorrow.

have you looked into jet coating? im pretty sure its much diff than ceramic coating, also what abbout just sheet metal shields or i have even seem some guys run ducting to cool the manifold/turbo area

yeah i was thinking having some type of ducting, running from the front of the car, and maybe even a pull-air hood