Hello From KC

How I found this site…I found a thread with a member talking trash and came over to check out the site. Lots of info…some of the usual internet BS (like the thread I was originally checking out) and then some real genuine useful info.

My cars owned or own:

84 Mustang GT
70 Buick Skylark w/ the 315hp small block
70 Stage 1 GS 4 speed
90 Mustand LX 330hp sleeper
72 Buick GS455 convertible
70 Buick GS455 convertible

I have to include my 2 diesels also…an 02 7.3 Ford (340hp/660ft/lbs) still running hard with 260K and my new Dodge 6.7 (runs stupid hard and getting ready to add some compu-mods worth 120hp/200+ft/lbs extra). Plus I own a bunch of different motorcycles which I race/ride whenever time allows

by lookin at your cars you will make one friend. cutty…

welcome. what is the original thread that had the BS… there is alot of those around here:itr41:

welcome nice selection of cars you have

Welcome, you’ll find both the shit talkers and some good members here as well.

welcome

welcome

thanks all…I help moderate on a off road motorcycle board and am used to seeing some of the silly stuff. My cars come from the last 20 years…most are gone but I still have the 2 big block drop tops. The one I wish hadn’t gotten away was that Stage I car.

The BS thread is not of any consequence…I found it to be more humorous than anything.

KC area has a heck of a hot rod tradition not to mention the ol’ KCIR and now Heartland Park with its NHRA stop. I got hooked on these A body Buicks after my primered 70’ Lark’ with its painfully stock 350 smoked an unsuspecting GTO Judge. After that, I bought the 4 speed Stage car. Non A/C, light and close to 500hp with just a well built Rochester carburetor, Stage 1 heads, healthy cam and 3" exhaust. That car weighed around 3500lbs and was a flat screamer.

These 2 drop tops are fun…the 70 is a numbers car and pretty rare so it stays in more. The 72 is a fun car…although rare (under 700 built) it is originally a small block car. Now it has that 490hp 462 sitting in the frame and makes quite a few street cars look bad…young un’s don’t like it when an old man car dusts their new age street car. It is a strictly street car though since it is a drop top.

Again, thanks all for the welcome

Wade
Nice to see another Buick guy…gotta love a drop top muscle cars

welcome:beer:

x2

http://www.v8buick.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=117970&d=1216144057

http://www.v8buick.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=117973&d=1216144057

these ain’t boat anchors…I always like catching unsuspecting “experts” that should have known better

Welcome :slight_smile:

welcome

again, thanks for the kind welcome

Welcome kind sir, I have a question pertaining to your motorcycle knowledge, but we try to keep the “welcome” threads on track, so I’ll PM you.

I pm’d you back…always willing to talk motorcycles (I’ve have ridden and raced longer than I have been driving cars!)

Hope that helps with regards to your question. The diesel Kawi is a pretty neat motorcycle for sure, but there are some Euro offerings I mentioned that will outperform it and really let you enjoy your riding more imo. If you are interested the off-road forum I frequent is a great group of folks that truly enjoy riding, benchracing and wrenching on motorcycles. Great info to be found on there.

Welcome. Nice collection of buicks. Suprising cars in the buick really grows on me too.

welcome