hello

ok

it may not be the best or fastest engine to mod in its NA form, but come on.

The 3800 was rated 3rd best engine in the world! Your gonna go calling it a bad engine now? You think there is a reason GM uses it in so many of their cars?

Yea its not a big ass v8 or one of your little shitty turbo 4 bangers, but come on :)!

Have you guys had problems with yours?

Eurodaddy, what do you drive? Im sure ive seen you around.

I’ve got a problem with mine right now. The lower intake gasket is leaking coolant like mad and the upper intake gasket over by the egr is leaking coolant also. I’m gonna tap the top coolant passages of the lower intake with 1/8" npt, put in aluminum plugs and throw acid solder over them. The only reason coolant goes up that far is to cool the egr. If you pull the egr tube out of it’s little exhaust primary then it’ll just suck cold air, won’t throw any codes, and won’t overheat the upper intake. It’s definitely a known problem that the composite intake mani warps

welcome

the only known problem with the 3800 is leaking :slight_smile:

no sign on mine yet. Let hope mine stays that way!

welcome, “unique” swap, sounds cool

lol, my boss has the same name, but he drives 8 Lexus’

70k is the magic number man, watch out lol :smiley:

im at 20k now. I think im ok!

welcome. turbo that bitch…sleeper. i blew mine up at 80k. i think just about everything went wrong, but i think it was the previous owner not taking care of it and a lil coolant

Welcome. I like my n/a 3800 just fine. Plenty of torque for a daily plus it gets 33 MPG cruising at 59 MPH…my 5.0 can’t do that. :smiley:

Haha… careful what you say there. My little shitty N/A 4 banger takes 3800 series cars with ease.

yo

oh yeah, care to elaborate? :stick:

wait…you got an NA cobalt and your gonna take my car with ease…I don’t think so man

Well to me, it appears that you have a hell of a lot done to your car. I can’t say what I’d do against it. What do you run in the 1/4?

As for the 3800 series-II, I’ve beaten them before… as well as series III (which my Dad owns in his 04 GP GT). And even if my car isn’t quicker than your 3800 right now, I’d put money down on one of our supercharged Cobalts taking it with ease.

All I was trying to convey was don’t pick on the 4-bangers… cause they’ll give you a run for your money N/A, let alone turbo/sc.

Join use in our other forums!