HELP:B-series Honda Valve Spring Removal

Ok so i’m taking my head apart and cleaning and pretty much replacing everything. So i get ready to take my valves and valvesprings out so I go to Advance and rent their Valve Spring compressor, only to find out it wont work on my head. The VS compressor i used was in the shape of a D. Are their any other tools or ways I can remove them?

big socket(19mm maybe)… magnet… hammer… strong thumbs

fuck i just did my head and it sucks i made a tool that bolts to the head and used a socket that i cut a section out of and welded it to a bolt to push down on the valve springs

tell me about it. its a bitch. you wouldnt want to lend me that “tool” now would you?

I used a O2 sensor socket , cut open more ,welded to a long pipe with a t-handle … 2 man job … worked flawlessly

Yep thats my super shitty hack job of a tool lol

LOL^ if it works , fuck it haha

yea im gonna try that. and if my attempt does not work ill grab the one you made. thanks.

If you’d like, I can do it at Swerve for you. Just dissassembly would be super cheap. Re-assembly would cost a bit more.

thanks but i got them all out. getting them in will be a different story, but we’ll see. Id rather do it myself.

can hondas use the tool that hooks on the cam and pushes down on the valve spring?

Brian

how are you going to get the valvesprings out if you dont take the cams off?

i am pretty sure SoloIIScoob knows how to remove honda valve springs…

too soon?

i kid i kid…

Just take it to andy @ swerve…

i mean its really easy if you just do it as described. it took me 20 min tops to get them all out. after i figured out how to do it of course.

LOL ouchh

i dunno, im asking. i dont have to take my cams off to take my valvesprings out. in fact, its easier for me not to.

Brian

lol i love how mindless cleans off his desk just to take that pic

I thought I saw a DIY on honda-tech with a “easier” way to do it

hit up a search