help on removing b16a2 head

soo im im picking up a b16a2 head from a friend for cheap…only prob is i gotta pull it off the block…basically i kno that u pull the valve cover, remove the timing belt, and ive heard that u have to remove the cams, but then i heard from some sites and ppl and shit that u dont have to …is there anything else i need to do besides remove the head bolts and all that ive never pulled a head before …anyone on here have a easy way to do this or any suggestions ? lol

u will prolly wanna unbolt the intake/exhaust manifolds

ohh yea my bad haha yea allready did that …its just the head removal im confused about and the cams coming off or not

I pull the cams. You might be able to do it without, but if you have never tried it before, just pull the cams. It’s not hard.

any easy info on how to pull the cams?

see factory service manual.

pull the cams, it will make accessing the head bolts alot easier

alrighty thanks guys…im a member of hondahookups.com …but where do i go to find this maunal

weird hondas

Go to advance auto parts and pick up the book. READ NIKKU.:stuck_out_tongue:

you click on the link that I posted, log in, then click on the manual you want.

cams should come off easily, take the valve cover off and u will prolly be able to figure it out no problem. when i did it on my z it was just the half circle clamps that went over the top and pull em out.

just remember when u put em in to try ur best to put em in close to the same way u took em out.

cams, Lost motion assemblies and rods, then head bolts. Keep it all in order.

thanks guys…finally got it done…took 3 hours tho lol…due to stipped bolts and shitty tools…but will be very nice on my teg once i get it…

so you could barely take a head off and what motor are you going to put this head on?

I hope you are doing an ls/vtec.

Don’t knock him for trying. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Good luck with the swap.

its ok if it was due to shitty tools, ive been there

get some good tools though, so u dont fuck up and have to ghetto rig ur car

well obviously im doing ls vtec…why would i put a b16 head on like a gsr or type r and i dont have money for a motor like that anyway…i did considerably good considering ive never done nothing like that and the fact we kept snapping soccets and shit…thanks boarderjnky …yea it wasnt that bad im glad i know how to do that shit now tho

Just spend the money on the Golden Eagle kit. It will save you time and headache in the long run.

golden eagle kit looks awesome

i would definitely do that for the ls/vtec conversion

find it here : http://shopping.lightningmotorsports.com/customer/product.php?productid=381&cat=0&page=1