Help me buy a daily driver

I know the seller of this car personally and can vouch for the insane amount he knows about these cars, he basically takes clean titled, straight e36’s/e34’s/e30’s and rebuilds them, this would be a great car I have no doubt in my mind, and it’s clean as HELL.

http://www.roadfly.com/bmw/classifieds/cars/detview.php?view=42631&sortby=&dir=

and he’d work with you on the price :shifty

yea, but for a daily tho? it’d be sad to take a car like that into the salt and snow. quattro is nice in the snow. u can shut off the esp and have fun in parking lots. also, audi has galvanized and aluminum panels which means no rust from salt and crap like that.

oh for sure B5 A4’s are the shizzz

the A4 fits all categories, with the exception of 2 door. But think of it this way, 4 doors is less on insurance :nod

Again, my price range is $7-8k, must have an inexpensive maintenance. That right there kills most BMWs and Audis.

my maintenance has been quite low on every bimmer i’ve owned. guess some people have bad luck?

If you’re not too picky about color and the Automanual with the IS instead of the 5spd, there are some in the price range, assuming people will take less than advertised and you shop around.

slight bit off topic: Vlad, my posts dont appear unless i check off the “Return to this topic” square, whats up with that?

back on topic, posting this the 2nd time.
Audis are not that expensive to maintain. the 1.8T’s are like regular cars. oil and other fluids are regular unless you feel like stepping it up to the higher grade ones. smaller things like brakes and lights and crap like that are not as much as you’d think. tires are tires and if you buy regular tires you’re paying as much as everyone else, pretty much. they’re not as expensive as you’d think. its pretty relative really. if you drive a LOT, yes youre going to spend more on oil, but just because its a lot of miles, not because we have to use special super awesome DTM/JDM type oil thats derived from endangered species extracts. its just oil. if you drive like a douche, you’ll eat up tires faster, thats all pretty obvious. same goes for brakes and other parts that can break. you treat any car like shit and they all get expensive.

he may be refering to IF something breaks or the car needs something, it will be more expensive.

I think it was Benny who had a thread earlier talking about how he got raped on normal maintenance costs.

I paid 594 dollars for 4 rotors and 8 pads for my car. I didnt think that was excessive. I mean, yes, its not like 20 dollar rotors for my eclipse, but then again those lasted 6 months.

Is this the one you speak of?

http://shift518.com/index.php?topic=891.0

It appears I got the wrong impression by that thread.

i remember the post where Benny posted a huge list of things he did to the car and it was all maintenance. but he had a LOT more items listed in there than just brakes for me. i mean, you take ur agerage camry and do some maintenance on that and it also adds up. if you cant spend it all at once, prioritize. pick the stuff thats most urgent, then do it. next month do a little more.

hmmm i guess, but everything for my car is pretty cheap, and its very easy to work on. not sure where it would be more money then average…

i agree with vot, it is all relative. depends on your driving habits/ personal preference.

Not helping the case there. Thats a ridiculous price that I am not willing to pay.

Keep in mind though, its a 6 not a 4 and its not 6K, so the main difference is there. You could buy a 2000 civic and just not touch it, but the fun factor as fas as driving that car is like a 4 out of 10, BUT! its cheap on gas and maintenance. You sorta have to bite the bullet here if you want a fun car. why do you think the plain ones are so cheap? cuz theyre so plain, ya kno?

I think you missed the point.

He wants a DD to get into everyday, start it, rip on it have fun, and only worry about gas, tires and oil.

cars are cheap, reliable, fast: pick two

well for me paying 8k for a car that’d not cheap. While I want a a car that is fun to drive I really am not in the BMW Benze or audi game subaru Honda toyota mazda is more in my league. With that being said the bmw benny posted is at an incredable price.