Help me buy a daily driver

I just screwed myself on a deal for a 2000 2.5RS which was in mint condition… So I am trying to look at all my options.

I need something which is:
fun with no mods
easily modded
AWD or RWD
25+ MPG
2 door
STD tranny
Driveable YEAR ROUND

My price range is 6 to 7.5k

All I can think of are MR2s and 2.5RS, I know there is more out there that fits that bill.

1G Stealth (maybe 3000GT) and you can run 12s for $25-$50.

hm, not really my style. For this car I am looking for something a little more classy.

Also, reliability is key. I want to be able to drive it for years and eventually mod it as it begins to run out of steam. (if i still want to)

Celica Alltrack
Nissan 240sx
Mazda Miata
BMW E36 3 Series, or even an M3
High Miles IS300

There are two guys down @ work with 2.5RSs - one is replacing his clutch/flywheel (150k, I believe) before he sells it. This could probably fit your bill.

milage is a bit high, but worth a look. Have them send me an email.

I found a real nice 2.5 on Nasioc but its in Michigan. Anyone know about car transport/shipping?

fly out there, drive it back. its quite simple and would cost less than to ship it, and only take a day or so.

i like the is300 idea. can probably pick up a decent one for a little over what your range was…

IS300’s are more than you think
i was havin trouble finding one in good shape with around 100k for under like 13k
since 90% of people turbo them. ( i dont recomend buying one already turboed)

I do like the IS300s and the M3s. The real problem is they tend to be out of my price range in the condition I want. Not to mention the cost of maintenance.

I just found a real nice 2.5rs in Long Island. I am pretty set on buying it, but I have no way of getting it out to Rochester. Once I get the address hopefully Shawn can take a quick look at it for me.

I know shipping a Trans Am from FL to NY was only about $700… so just from one place in NY to another shouldn’t be too much for a Subaru. There are all kinds of websites you can get quotes if you just Google “free car transportation quote” or something along those lines.

I just looked it up on one. It seems like the place I looked it up at had a standard minimum of 600 which is BS. Lets see what the other say.

PM me your e-mail addy

Sent

I got some more quotes for shipping the car from LI to Rochester. Best so far is $350. I am trying to just pay the guy $350 to deliver it to me.

shipped a camaro from indiana to schenectady for around 475

+1 on the E36… You should be able to get into a pretty nice 325 for your price range.
Lot of potential for handling, power mods, etc…

How about an SC300 with the five speed and 2JZ-GE? Should be doable with your budget.

300 ZX? N/A is definitely in the cars- You can get a turbo for $7500 too but with high miles / multiple owners. You could luck out and find a single owned high mileage TT though, who knows.

maybe not a two door, but check out some A4’s maybe?

Back when diesel wasn’t $4.6x a gallon. Shipping is rediculous now.

and +1 on the A4’s

You can get a SICKLY maintained E36 325/328 which are a blast for that price…and reliability with a well maintained e36 is nearly unbeatable