Help Me!!! Spoiler Hatch

Hey there, going to post up some pics, i have a white hatch with a few rust holes :frowning: Better then most spoiler holes, How much would it cost to repair Properly, Because its a 180 hatch… Let me know and we can work somthing out…

Took off my spoiler and now i have 2 toonies sized rust holes around were it mounted, If you can help me fix it theres beer and piza in for you…

Heh, Yours isnt that bad, but it might be all the way through. Best bet might be to buy a new trunk lid. Thats what i have to do…

^^ problem is, his car is a hatch. The entire rear trunk lid is connected to the rear glass, so basically, he’d have to grab a new door. 2 much work. Just cut the rust out, sand, fill with bondo, sand, and then primer ( something like that, i havent done it personally). In the end, you’ll save some dough.

Its best to just get a spoilerless hatch. It will benifit you in the long run seeing as how on the hatch bondo/fiberglass will crack. Reason being, one its in the sun all day long and will warp, and two your constantly slamming the trunk lid closed.

Although you’ll have to go through the hassle of re-wireing the new hatch up its 100% more beneficial than cutting out the old rust and causing more work in the long run.

+1 one getting a new hatch. Otherwise if you want to do it properly, cut out the rust completely, grind down the area around it, cut a piece of sheet metal slightly larger then the hole, pull it through the bottom with some kind of wire (be creative), Weld it in, grind the weld flat, smooth with bondo, paint.

yea , i agree with replacing it aswell now. Here is a DIY that i just found.

good idea is to try and mark each wire with tape, 1 to 1, 2 to 2 so its easier to wire. Martino had a jolly good time when he forgot to lol

Shut up
lol

Why don’t you guys just pull the wires through the hatch then?

Here’s the trick when installing the harness into the hatch, pass a somewhat strong piece of string through the opening of the hatch wiring holes, then tie one end to the harness. SLOWLY pull it out, to assure you don’t rip any wires, then plug the black rubber grommets back on the ends, and plug everything back together… Its a lot more effort, but at least you can be proud to say that you have an uncut wiring harness for your hatch :wink:

If i got a rustless hatch, would some one help install it for some PIZZA!!! Anyone know of any Hatches???