Help me with my little idea and earn millions!

You could always try copper tubing (other hand moldable tubing) coiled around the exhaust. Most washer fluid systme route the rubber hosing through the fender and close to the hood hinge.

Stock fluid bottle --> route rubber hose outlet to engine bay --> copper tubbing coiled around close to firewall --> rubber hose secured to firewall --> into stock sytem around hood.

Pros:
Cheap
uses waste heat
No additional draw on electrical system
faster/hotter?

Cons:
Copper + salt
not “neat”
too hot…boiling…clogged deposits

Other options; single pass along rad, single pass along engine block, head, oil pan…

this really wouldn’t be difficult to make.

if you are just doing this for wiper fluid, why not run a small inline water/water heat exchanger and feed it with an engine coolant loop. its free waste heat and i imagine it would be much more effective than a small electric coil.

only downside is needing the motor to be warm.

i would just love 70+ degree washer fluid hitting my 3 degree windshield. i think that would work wonders in the winter :roll:

[quote=“Joe_Omerta,post:24,topic:36688"”]

i would just love 70+ degree washer fluid hitting my 3 degree windshield. i think that would work wonders in the winter :roll:

[/quote]

you would size the exchanger for any temp you want?

if it’s windshield washer fluid you want to warm up, you can try using the cars coolant system as a means of heating the fluid up. Via a small heat exchanger.

i had thought of using the coolant but my idea wa smore complicated. i was going to tap a coolant hose and run that line through a hole i would make at the bottom of the res. tank. seal it all up and tap that line back in. the hot tapped line would give off heat and it would be in the res tank. but it would suck if there was a leak.

where would you buy a small heat exchanger though?

[quote=“rugsr,post:27,topic:36688"”]

i had thought of using the coolant but my idea wa smore complicated. i was going to tap a coolant hose and run that line through a hole i would make at the bottom of the res. tank. seal it all up and tap that line back in. the hot tapped line would give off heat and it would be in the res tank. but it would suck if there was a leak.

where would you buy a small heat exchanger though?

[/quote]

get some copper tubing and turn it into a spiral… you want to create as much surface area that you can

so now you have to sit in the car while it warms up so you can spray the windshield with 70 degree water that will freeze soon anyways

buicks get the temp up to like 120 i think, and i’m pretty sure its electric

P.S. buick had a great ad for this, it was a buick window with silver “lotto” type material on it you scratched it with a penny and underneath it said “wouldnt you like to never have to scrape your windows again”

clever

right but my 94 honda civic winter beater is not a buick and did not come with buick parts…thus why im trying to make something similar.
If you use the RainX winter solution you would be fine…im not using water itself

Viper966. Do you think the cooper tubing from my exhaust would get hot enough to melt the rubber hoses its wrapped around.

If you want to avoid scraping off ice, 70* fluid isn’t going to do shit. You’ll run through the whole tank before getting through the ice. It would have to be ~120 like zwarbyt said.

even if i have to scrap a little…fine
70*>32* anyday
atleast it will free it up a bit
where did 70* come from

[quote=“rugsr,post:33,topic:36688"”]

even if i have to scrap a little…fine
70*>32* anyday
atleast it will free it up a bit
where did 70* come from

[/quote]

I farted and that’s what came out.

idk.

haha^
i just laughed out loud and my cube-mate looked at me like wtf

I hereby obsolete your million dollar invention:

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/112717_front200.jpg

my subaru has heated squirts.
take a look at how they are doing it on the newer legacy

Oh, and spraying 70* water on a frozen windshield will probably just make the ice thicker. Get much hotter and thermal expansion could crack your windshield.

laaaaazy,
get some gloves and a something to scrape the ice with.

then why dont the buicks windshields crack if there seeing 120*