help picking an enclosed trailer

[quote=“dmoffitt,post:15,topic:35864"”]

regular at like 5-6k vs 17-19 for aluminum, I’d have to do a LOT of towing to make it pay for itself. I agree, towing with a gas truck isn’t idea but the truck was what I could afford at this point, I’m leasing it and when I am done, I will upgrade :wink:

[/quote]

I’ve seen quite a few used aluminum trailers for a lot less than 17k. Have you checked fleabay for trailers?

the place is econo-trailer 1-724-929-3519 call em up its actually the manufacturer they sell em cheap

thanks mark

Ask Mike what the deal is with Greg Mackie’s trailer. I’m not sure it is aluminum, but it was baller and cheap from what I remember.

[quote=“BIGHANDS,post:22,topic:35864"”]

the place is econo-trailer 1-724-929-3519 call em up its actually the manufacturer they sell em cheap

[/quote]

in Claysburg, PA? all I see on their site is open deck ones. I’ll call them and make sure tho

open > enclosed, if it is for a racecar. it is not easy putting a banged up car in an enclosed. when you get a price post them up.

Enclosed > Open when you run with groups that are 13/13 ruled, you live in the north east, your car has no windows and you travel in all weather. I’m so sick of my open, but dont have the coin to goto the enclosed I want.

[quote=“MPD47,post:27,topic:35864"”]

Enclosed > Open when you run with groups that are 13/13 ruled, you live in the north east, your car has no windows and you travel in all weather. I’m so sick of my open, but dont have the coin to goto the enclosed I want.

[/quote]

+1
Try leaving your car at the track overnight for a full weekend race or DE without windows on the car or an enclosed trailer. See what’s left in the morning.

Set up a winch in the trailer to load a wrecked car on, no big deal.

13/13? not sure, i like enclosed, we have one, but i love the open… tow, backing up, over all use when NOT using for a racecar… but with an enclosed you are always putting sh*t in the there. IMO

vs with an open where you CAN’T put “shit in there” - cuz there is no “in there” - save maybe the bed of the truck.

It’s not open for discussion a this point, I’m getting an enclosed. You wanna argue the merits? Do so in another thread…