HELP! pullin a motor

Hey so I bought a KA24DE to do my Turbo set up on… but the motor is still in the car. I need some help pullin it out… plane and simple. just looking on here to see if anyone’s able to give me a hand … time date etc not known yet… but i only have afew tools… so im also looking for someone who can help who has afew more tools to help do the job :smiley: let me know! --Scott

Do you have a hoist?

so far no… but i think i can get one…

Me, RS13, Nis_mo, and Phat240 are experts at doing this. Let us know a date and we could have it out in 2 hours or less.

LOL this is true.

So far we have done 3??? Or at least part of 3.

LOL this is true.

So far we have done 3??? Or at least part of 3.[/quote]
I have done 4 total. :E

SWEET… ill set up a date then… mondays and tuesdays r my days off… and does anyone have a truck i can haul it home in?

hey guys if i can get a hoist and truck for next monday or tuesday … what day and time is best for you guys?

Probably after 6. What side of the city do you live on?

I live right by kingsway mall… (like i can look down the street and see it…) but aparently Norm said the 240’s out on an acarage someplace im not fully aware yet of where it is…

the tranny isnt on the motor anymore so it should come out pretty easy… the biggest issue he said would be the wiring harness and like pullin it though the firewall…

Does it have ABS? If not, the harness is no problem. I might be available Tuesday late afternoon.

ill find outi dont know off hand…

Rob told me that A/C is no problem…you will just have minor memory loss…HAHAHA

He doesnt ever recall taking out the AC in his car. :lol:

i asked Norm but so far he hasnt gotten back to me

The harness can be pulled last, so this isn’t too much hassle with the modulator in the way. Of course if it’s junk you can cut it out.

He doesnt ever recall taking out the AC in his car. :lol:[/quote]

That was great. R12 is not toxic.