Help with laptop

My Dell inspiron 6000 died on me a while back and i tried reinstalling windows and it wont finishing installing fully… I think the hard drive is damaged?

How can i confirm if its SADA or IDE? Its a few years old so can i assume its IDE?

Anybody have an extra laying around i could try?

Get the Model # off of the back and look it up online.

Or, turn over the computer… Look for the door with the hard drive symbol, looks kinda like a soup can :lol

Take out the screw(s) and open, look to see if its a SATA connector which is generally an thin L shaped connector or IDE which is a wide 100? pin connector

MAKE SURE THE COMPUTER IS OFF!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ (you never know what kind of user we’re dealing with here lol)

It’s most likely IDE.

HAHA good point, yeah last year I had someone take out a hard drive while the laptop was on… Then couldn’t figure out why when the went to go back on it why it did not work (The hard drive was out) :rofl

I have an IDE HDD brand new never used that I have been trying to get rid of. PM me if you are interested.

there is a wide ~ 2 inch connector but only about 50 pins

It’s IDE. Buy 99FRC’s drive.

Dude I have a fuckin desk drawer full of hard drives, I’ll prolly just end up throwing them out, their mixes of 40-60gig SATA and IDE drives…

and quite a few SATA/IDE 120gig laptop drives…

Time to start smashing them, my boss doesnt send them to be disposed of unless we do a mass refresh, so he makes me go outside and give them a good whack with a sludge hammer when we get rid of small ammounts of them :lol

You got any 7200RPM 120GB+ SATA drives for a laptop Shady? I want to upgrade my laptop one from 5400RPM.

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/office/hard-disk-drives/spinpoint-m-series/MP0603H/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=features

thats the model number

I’ll look tommorow…

really only 60g max? if you have any 120 or higher let me know. I will buy them.

A lot of them are from when i threw out all our dells when they completely fucked us and we swapped over to lenovo, most of the optiplex series we had were mostly 40-60gig drives

I have no issues with optiplex systems. I’ve been using them since I started here.

I was at GX140’s, I’m now at the 760’s. I just got 30 in two days ago actually.

We had a ton of old GX260’s and GX280’s that were in service. The resistors on these boards of issues with swelling. Dell was offering repairs on machines that did this for quite some time, we let them know and theyd just send us a new board to put in the machines.

Well last summer we had 15 machines go out, we called dell and they told us they were no longer supporting the issue and that they could only give us the boards at a discounted price, they told us there was a deadline of March in which we never recievied noticed, they confirmed we were not sent a notice and still refused to warranty them.

We told them to fuck themselves and switched over to lenovo.

Yes, I went through that issue as well. However, we refreshed with the 520 while that was happening so it never really affected me.

Yeah well when you have a few grand of machines that are rendered useless and dell admittedly fucked us we decided to go to another supplier.

I had a good 50 or so out of 300 or so that we had at the time fixed (they sent me the boards, and I took care of them one by one).

So does anybody have a spare one for cheap? I just want to see if thats actually my probably and really need to get it done this weekend…