Help with torrents

no it does, it has to unless you have fiber. ive gotten down exceeding 100k as well, there is a theoretic limit on any connection with regards to up/down, you can only squeeze so much through the pipe. whether you notice it or you only use torrents with good seeding is a reason you wouldnt notice, mostly ive found that Bittornado is excellent with this. Ive never gotten such great ratio of up/down as with bittornado. Transmission on OSX is terrible about it, I can accurately predict what will happen if i unthrottle the up speed for any given torrent. usually it sucks.

transmission is nice if you are downloading shit from torrentspy. i switched to azureus and started using oink though. on oink, i never really see less than 80k down.

problem with oink is getting invited

Here’s why torrents don’t suck… That’s the fastest download speed I’ve ever gotten.

what ISP do u have that u get 55 up?

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:25,topic:26460"”]

what ISP do u have that u get 55 up?

[/quote]

I see 55-85kbps up all day any day with Time Warner using their standard service.

really?

that seems really high. maybe mine doesnt go too high cause of the 7 or 8 computers on the same network.

theres only so much bandwidth

Yeah it usually hovers around 55ish, but occasionally I’ll catch it seeding around 85.

Yeah it probably is due to bandwith as my computer is the only computer on the network, and to help with speeds I’ve recently gotten rid of the router because my wireless was dropping all the time.

for 14 bucks a month, you can get into ng’s and get 600kbps. All fiber, none of this torrent sharing slow ass shit :slight_smile:

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:26,topic:26460"”]

I see 55-85kbps up all day any day with Time Warner using their standard service.

[/quote]

Yup. I saw a big speed increase when my old Motorola SB3100 finally crapped out and was replaced by a Motorola SB5101.

I actually see as high as 120kB when sending files using p2p with other TWC users. Also, when that torrent finished, I turned the throttling up to 100kB on the upload, and it was hitting it.

yeah the 5100 series is a different docsis, much faster from what ive seen.

Bittornado FTW

bump…

Trying to use Movie Torrent hitting some pirate bay link for Step Brothers 1080P.

8 hours later I’m at 20%… is that normal?

This is my first time… I’m no hardware guy thats for sure.

no…thats not normal. the speed is prob at like 1kb/sec… probably no seeders at all.

i suggest finding a different site.

hahah thats why torrents suck ass.

get onto ngs and you will never have a speed problem.

pretty much every torrent i download will get speeds of 300-600/sec, but then again I use a private torrent site and not your average crappy torrent sites

So… there are supposidly like 400 seeders but I’m only hitting like 10 of them?

Is that because I’m a noob?

I usually max out my connection getting from NGs. And what differs from torrents is that it is at that speed 100% of the time. It doesn’t take 30mins to gain that share ratio. It doesn’t peak and drop if someone stops seeding. It is just constantly blazing fast.

+1. So worth the $14 a month. Hell, it works so good I canceled Netflix so it was pretty much “free”.

My 10meg down connection gets 1200KB/s all the time, every download. Only thing I’m mad about is that I didn’t take your advice and start doing the NG thing sooner. No uploads, no ratios, no letters from the RIAA/MPAA when some torrent site gets busted.

I’m trying utorrent now, using a port forwarding doc I found.