help

ok so i posted this befor my mass air flow sensor is done now its all fucked up check light is blinking and the car is jumping around every were when i drive runs really rough is there anything i can do to it befor i end up buying the mass air sensor or if anyone has a used one and will it do damange to the car driving it to work to morrow like that thanks for the help. :headbang :headbang :headbang

DO NOT EVEN START THE CAR WITH A FLASHING CEL!!! call in to work if you have to and hitch a ride to the parts store… DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR!!!

Yeah, flashing = bad news. Solid is OK (usually) but don’t move it with it running like that. Are you sure that’s what the problem is?

yeah usualy flashing is a serious problem like misfireing or sometime detonation

my check engine light was flashing and all it was was that it overheated for a slight moment…that’s why my car shut down at the end of the track last Wednesday :headbang

a flashing c.e.l means that its misfiring or the car senses a misfire ya might not always fel it but seein as ya got a bad maf it prolly runnin pig rich or lean …which in turn will burn up the cat best bet get a maf and fix it as vw emmisions are weak at best ;D

getting a new one tomorrow started it up to see if it went away and it was knocking very loud i think the maff it done … :headbang

nope, one of your coilpacks shit the bed. get it scanned. i’m gonna take a guess and say its #2 coilpack.

VW/Audi electical systems for the loss. I hated my A4 :idiots

Yeah thats coilpacks. It happened to my GLI when i put new plugs in it. Just get 4 new ones and be done with it.

coilpacks are very very common, ive got 2 good ones at my house. they go for about 32$ each at the dealer or german autoparts, ill give you both for 20$

so i dont neeedd a mass air flow sensor the scanner said i did

easy way to check if its your coil pack either take a volt meter that has ohms on it and check resistance against what it should be or if you sparkplugs are easy to get to start the car and pull off one wire at a time and see which plugs dont make the cars idle change and if there getting spark you will hear it cracking.and also find out how much resistance yer maf is spose to be and test that too if its not the coil pack cause when my coil packs went bad i got an engine code that my map sensor was bad so before you go spending all the money on the maf id check yer coils there cheaper.and is it saying that yer maf is getting a high voltage or low?

well i just got the maff i had to any way but the car idels really loud and shakes around a lot idles high rmps i have a guy from work coming over now to scann it what could this be the coils were just changed on the car.

Could be the coils. That was the problem on Dr. Sidepipes’ car when it ran just like you described. Ask Mk4_30r if you can use his to diagnose the problem, then buy them from him if that’s whats wrong with it. 20 bucks is a good price for 2 considering how badly the dealer will rape you on those. Keep us updated. Also, did you try unplugging the battery for 10-15mins to clear the code? (not sure how long it takes to reset on VW’s or if it even does, but on my car I unplug it for about 5 mins and the codes clear themselves).

iw was coil number 2 i need a new does anyone have one i can buy from them

told ya. :nana

pm mk4 30r. he’s got ya covered.

coil packs all the way

brought one from the dealer had to get one right away thanks everyone… :hug

Did you use vaseline or ky when they raped you with pricing? :lol