Hey! 1988 Camaro IrocZ | Lifted 99 Dodge Ram

Well my friend Mike told me to join up here… and there isn’t a spot for introductions so i’ll post here then.

I’m Sean I work over at Harbor Freight. And I have pretty much 2 projects going on.

1. An 1988 Camaro IrocZ 350TPI. I’ve boughten quite a bit for this car so it will be making a big change within the next couple months ranging from full exhaust work, Holley Stealth Ram, AFR 195cc Heads, Cam and more new Panels and Fiberglass hood etc. I actually am the Chapter Leader of a Statewide club of Third Gen Camaros/Firebirds (1982-1992), I run the Upstate Chapter, you will see a bunch more of these cars in the area to come! The Club is Called NyThirdGen, we got around 20 members in the local area at the moment, 40+ on long island and a bunch more a bit south and out west

This pic is how it looks now, She looks alot better at night then she does during the day atm haha, in the sun her flaws show…
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/38046_114988671886252_100001253584051_111410_4399505_n.jpg
And here’s a more recent picture with the new SS Hood at least sitting on the car to see what it will look like, the hood needs some glasswork before it is ready to be bolted onto the car
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/402428_312761965442254_100001253584051_992368_634030857_n.jpg

Now then, my other project is a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. Silver(“Sandstone”) exterior and Black leather Interior. Not much will be done w/ the truck other than a brush guard, black baja rims and bigger tires, possibly a cab visor… The Camaro will be getting most of my money So truck won’t see that much…
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/393730_279833595401758_100001253584051_894277_725134092_n.jpg

Welcome

hey , sweet another thirdgen

Nice hubcaps fruitcake

I love clean 3rd gens. Keep it alive! My father in law just picked up an 88 GTA that was getting close to death. Time for some TLC.

Welcome!!!

Welcome to the show buddy

great all we need is another third gen camaro like there isnt alot already lol. j/p man welcome… ever own a turbo honda?

Welcome. The cameo looks clean.

Nice man, a lot of us love Dodge trucks on here. Too bad the Camaro is TPI, if it was carbed you could turbo it and make some real power!

Nice 3rd gen. My first fun car was an 88 IROC Z, still hope to get around to restoring it the way I want to some day. Anyway welcome to the forum.

:crackup HI I LOVE DODGE TRUCKS AND FUEL INJECTION IS ICKY

welcome! nice iroc. Dont mind the bickering…its just shift.

Quiet John! LOL black bajas will come in future

Very nice, you guys should hit up NyThirdGen

Hell no and never haha, sorry but imports aren’t my thing. I stick to the Muscle car Spectrum.

It isn’t really lol, like i said the night makes the car look better than it is.

On the Contrary the TPI system is a good candidate for a turbo. Its all low end torque but after 4500rpm it loses all power, if you introduced a turbo to the system it would pull well past 4500 and give u a much better range of power, the turbo would keep pushing where the Tpi was limited. Non the Less i bought a Holley Stealth Ram (which is a tunnel Ram intake) Has a much broader power band i will lose some low end tq but it will gain a whole ton of horsepower and top end potential. It will keep pulling up to 6000rpm can go further than that with a better cam and set up too. The HSR is the 2nd best EFI intake system you can pick up, especially for 3rd gens. First being the SLP Mini Ram which is more than twice the price and imo not as appealing on the eyes sitting in the engine bay… The HSR stands out.

This was my first ever car in general, bought her back in late 2009, I made sure it was the first car i learned on. I won’t be getting rid of her.

Haha trust me, takes alot to get to me. And haha that is a good slogan “its just Shift”

Thanks for all the good/warm welcomes guys! i have a feeling i’ll like these boards

~Slash/Sean

lksi was being sarcastic… so was i and since u havent owned a turbo honda dont argue because your stupid lmao or so they say

Welcome, sweet camio, u should lsx swap it…i have a good candidate for it!

No point in arguing :ohsnap:ahh

I’d love to do an LSX swap, its only way to go… but no way can afford it. So i’m building up this L98 as much as i can… drive it into the ground. Then pick up an ATK Performance motor, they have a nice 350 aswell as a nice 383 crate set up that i have my eye on… prices are quite reasonable too.

Gimme dat camuro

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zpu6fFEszc8/Skac39bVo5I/AAAAAAAABic/3LP7IhfdVqY/s320/I-like-cheese.jpg

lol

Welcome to Shift.