HID Problem

Ive had mine for 2 months and they are an ebay kit and never had a problem with them.

yeah mine have no seperate relay. Just goes into the stock wiring. :dunno:

Depending on the kit, some come with them, some don’t. I never had a problem with my Denali… I don’t see why you would have any problems either. BTW, when I had the same kit in the Denali in my Supra, it had no relay and was fine too.

I could try throwing a bigger fuse in … but since the fuse thats in there isn’t blowing, I dont see it making a difference :dunno:

Nope… sounds like you have a ground problem or a internal ballast problem.

Grounds are good. I checked, double checked, and tripple checked them. Weird that they worked great for 2 weeks … now this.

Is it always the one side that cuts out? If so, swap ballasts and see what happens, you might have one bad ballast. Now if they are both going out at the same time… who knows… maybe a bad relay?

Mark
They flip-flop on me. Sometimes the passenger goes out … Sometimes the driver side goes out … Sometimes both! They will flicker each time before they go out though no matter which one decides to take a shit at the time.

Only having HIDs for 2 weeks FTL!

Swap your ballasts out from your fogs to your headlights… if it does the same thing, your wiring harness is a POS and needs replaced, maybe a pinched wire inside, etc…

Then grab one of these from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-HID-Fuse-Relay-Wiring-Harness-High-Quality-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1209Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem190253645358QQitemZ190253645358

Is your fog kit the same brand as your headlight kit?

i was just thinking of telling him to do that…lol

and ya mark they are the same brand fogs & lights…i ordered them for him

Yup same brand.

Then switch the fog ballasts to the headlights… if u have the same problem in your headlights then you know its the wiring.

If you switch them and your headlights are fine and your fogs are acting up, then you were one unlucky son of a bitch and got 2 bad ballasts :rofl: I highly doubt that tho.

with mikes luck…he got 2 bad ballast…lol

Thanks Mark … Ill give it a try.

Aint that the truth Guffey.

welll… any updates ? ? ?

i ned to know so i can start bitching at the company

Nothing yet dude … I threw my old headlights back in for the time being, and am just running the HID fogs.

With getting ready for that dyno competition Saturday, then my brakes totally screwing up on the way home, I am more worried about my brakes right now then my lights. I need to get my brakes fixed for this Saturdays Diesel Event, and after that I can piss with my lights

Wheres the dyno comp at?

read the date of the post u :tool:

Check Wiring which is on the back of lights, check fuses, check the bulb plug after unplugging it. check weather it is dirt, corroided or damage, if it is like that it should be cleaned.