Any problems with HID's?

I put a set of 55W 6000K HID’s on my car last night and it makes a world of difference. I made sure that they are aimed low so that I won’t be shining in anyone’s eyes too. Has anyone had any problems from cops because of HID’s? Mine are bright but no worse then when an SUV with either regular or HID lights is driving past me at night. Just curious if anyone else had had any trouble from the cops.

I have never had problems with the police. I have them in my Denali which is higher off the ground and they will shine in your eyes a little. Same with the Supra, never had a problem. I also have them in my Rhino :slight_smile:

Im guessing your only going to have a problem if you put them in a POS ride that you can tell should never have HID’s or if they are aimed ridiculously high.

Haha, well my car may not be up to par with a lot of the cars on PS, but HID’s were a factory option for the 2007 Mazda3 so hopefully I won’t get any unnecessary attention. If anything, my exhaust will get their attention. I drove home last night after installing them thinking I would have people flashing their high-beams at me the whole time, but I think they are aimed low enough that they don’t bother people.

Yeah, you will be fine… esp since its a factory option. I wouldn’t stress it.

no probs with my aftermarket 6000ks in the vette. i think people are used to HIDs now that its not such a novelty anymore. maybe in you had purple 10000ks in a 89 tempo that were aimed at the sky…

I have them in my truck and love them to death. I haven’t been yanked yet for them and my truck sits decently high

x2

i got pulled over in my camaro less then 2 years ago. cop gave me a warning for illegal modification to the lighting device or soemthing like that. but he only pulled me over because i did a 0-70 roll on 51 and he was 2 cars behind me. so actually it got me out of a ticket. and all i had to do was flip to my high beams and take it to the police station during the day. and a cop signed off on them. :slight_smile:

What kits are you guys running? I’m thinking about running a set in my Impala because the stock lights completely suck. Is there anything special I have to do in terms of the headlight housing itself? Or is there a good website that has answers to all these n00bish questions?

i had a set in my old truck & loved them ! ! Never got Hassled for them, other then when i had a Piddle and got stopped…But after having a set you never wanna go back to Regular bulbs again IMO

When I bought them in like 01 for my Supra, they were like $450! It was a Phillips kit… they are really nice and didn’t give me any problems. I put a cheap ebay kit on my Rhino and its been under water, mud, etc… and they still work perfect.

What about needing projectors? Or should most lights work ok pretty much no matter what as long as the ballast and all that stuff is decent?

You do need projector housings for them or else you will just blind everyone. Luckily, since HID’s are an option for the 3, all of the housings, whether or not you get the HIDs from the factory, are projectors. So all I had to do was hook up my ballasts and put the bulbs in and I was ready to go. I got mine from therpmstore.com for $120 because of a deal they were offering at mazda3forums.com. They are apexcone lights and they seem to be really nice and most of the guys at mazda3forums use them. They also come with a lifetime warranty and are completely plug and play.

i got 6000k’s in my 95 park ave, they do relect all over the place because of the relector style lense but they are properly aimed. never had probs with the police. i’ve had them about 4 months and i’ve say i had a handful of people flash there lights at me. so they are bright but i guess its not bothering people too much. i can see fine so i really dont give a fuck.

If you go above 6k’s your asking for trouble, projection or not. Xenonking.com has good plug’n play kits, but I also know a few people that like the cheaper ebay plug’n play kits.

I know chaz from first bass has them, I got it through him and he installed it for me. I wanna say it was 250 out the door installed and everything, defintely the best money I’ve spent on a modification for a car, it makes a huge difference, I have pics on my home computer from before and after, let me try and find them

i have them and i love them never had any issues but mine arent some retarded color just the same as most cars that have them stock

i have 4300k

http://www.vvme.com have em in my fog lights to match my stock hid headlights

Yeah I’d appreciate that thank you.

ebay kits are so cheap now that its almost silly to spend over 100.