The TRUTH about HID's

Couple of guys from DDM Tuning decided to expose the truth about HID:

In the vid they disassemble a couple of eBay 35W ballasts, a 35W Digital ProLumen, 55W Digital ProLumen, and a 35W Digital DDM ballast, and they are ALL THE SAME DAMN THING (other than the MOSFET difference in the 35W to 55W ballasts)

So basically, if you’re buying an HID kit from any vendor, any brand other than the big guys (Phillips, McCulloch, Bosch), chances are you’re paying a premium for the same thing you could get on eBay for half the price.

Everybody says ‘oh it’s in the customer service I have a lifetime warranty!’

Well I can get you a two sets of any color 35W (55W is noticeably brighter, but totally unnecessary) and still be cheaper than many ‘Lifetime Warranty’ kits that will last longer than the vendor you’d be buying the ‘superior warranty’ from.

ebay FTW :lol

Fo. Sho.

Had Ebay H.I.D s 8500 k

Had no problem with them …

Was suprised it didnt break !!

Nice Benny.

I’m going to pick up a set of 5500-6000K’s for the Supra.

:pete

ive been meaning to pick up some HIDs for the camaro because the lights on those things blow, i can barely see anything on the road, i just dont know how i feel about the blue color from them

get the ones that dave’s got. they look AWESOME! not yellow, not blue, just white. light output is fantastic.

what are they like 6000k?

Mine were like pure blue…Po magnet

I HATE the blue HIDs, I dont like drop in HID period however after driving home 6 hours in the rain on the way home from maryland a couple of months ago and not being able to see shit i got some. They are like OEM color, they just look like factory lights but much brighter. FNskanks can tell you, they make a huge difference.

he asked for 3k but they are not yellow though.

i dont think they are 6k but somewhere inbetween 6k and 3k, they have a yellowish tint to them.

I want them gay purple shits I see in the Hill all the time :bowdown

get like 2600000000000k :lol

LMAO

Your best bet for pure white is 4300K 35W or 5000K 55W

I always wanted HID reverse lights just to be an asshole. I can mod the Trans Am to fit the projectors too. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/mecinoid/Cars/Firebird/Firebird-brakelightnoplatenumber.jpg

thats prolly what mine are, i guess the azn dude who i told wanted YELLOW thought that 4300 would work. Im prolly gonan buy a set of hi/low 3000k

I’d go with a set of 2600k, bulbs only, from gearhead here on shift, I’d put money on those being really really deep yellow. That’s what I’ll be buying for next season.