One of my HID ballasts finally died.

So I pull up to a light on the way out to a party last night, HID’s on, and I’m looking straight at a State Trooper parked at a Stewarts directly in front of me.

Suddenly my driver’s side HID goes batshit insane strobing like a rave and then finally cuts out, I get to my friends house and look at it and it’s just really dim and flickering, ballast gave out.

One year and 2 months or so, not bad.

Just ordered some new ones and I’ll just say this…you guys will never question whether or not Bennyfizzle is coming up behind you, or pulling into the lot.

Ordered a new set today…3000k :shifty

LeMans style FTMFW!

what brand were they

where did you get them from and how much, i kinda wanna get some but not sure whats a good brand

I have a kit from DDM that’s lifetime warrantied, and I got them for $140 shipped. I ordered a set for me, a friend, and my brother so far. It’s pretty much only available to LGT.com members, but if anyone’s interested I could prolly send a link.

$80 to bimmerforums members

:haha

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1009567&highlight=ddm+hid

dang thats a good deal, for that price i would get a set for my fogs aswell

hell yeah it is, too bad i bought some more shitty ebay ones for $68 shipped BEFORE i saw that deal :wow lol

Damn. I got raped lol.

Lol

Benny they have fitment for my Supra? I’d like a set of 6000K’s, 3000K’s are mega white right?

No 3000k are super yellow lol.

like so:

http://www.speedarena.com/emAlbum/albums/Sportscar/Le%20Mans/2008/Practice%20and%20Qualifying%202/101.jpg

And they have kits in all sizes, what’s your bulb size?

6000k are nearing the transition from blue-ish to purple-ish

They’re the best looking imo, but 4300k are the brightest, 5000k are sky blue, and 7000+ range from purple all the way to 30,000k which is like bright fucking pink lol

trav needs the 30 k to offset the rims

:rofl yes!

I sent you a pm, we need to talk business :shifty

Benny… Post that pic in the Bad Ass Pic thread. All Ferrari’s should be in there.

I have 6000k, and they look great. Well, when they’re aimed lol.

i had 8000k in my truck for 2 years and one of them finally stoped working

Benny, I need that for my fog lights, mang!

Ebay still seems to have the cheapest Hid kits, think you can find them for like 60 bucks

Benny think this is what they are:

Low Beam Headlight Bulb Size: 9006
High Beam Headlamp Light Bulb Size: 9005

I dont want to get cheap lights though, I want to be able to actually see the road when driving.

The only thing the high end kits have going for them is longevity, if ten times the price for twice to 3x the longevity is justifiable to you, then by all means…I drove next to a guy wth a 1996 M3 with ZKW’s and McCullough (sp?) 5000k HID’s and I swear to you my light output seemed better, his was just more evenly spread with no sharp spots, but that has everything to do with the projector, not so much with the bulb.

Otherwise the ProLumen kits are really nice, come with badass slim digital ballasts, a lifetime warranty (+$30), and you don’t have to tell people you have eBay HID’s :rofl

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801713&highlight=prolumen

$235 shipped with warranty, $205 shipped w/o