Inexpensive HID kits

Just wondering.

Me and a friend may be able to get our hands on some HID kits.

Brand new.

We are thinking of testing them out, but we need people to test them for us. (we only have a couple cars between all of us, plus, one of my cars has HIDs already lol)

We can offer them for around, 215 bucks. Brand new.

At this price, these would only be available to the first 10 ish people who are.

Bulbs, ballasts, and a full wiring kit (relays, fuses).

The kits look very high quality. It’s probably the highest quality no-name brand I’ve seen.

Comes with a 1 year warranty also to quell your fears about it sucking…

Just wondering if anyone would be interested.

We may also be able to get Hi/Lo kits (hi beam and lo beam in one bulb) for 400 bucks, brand new. Just for testing tho.

are you an advertiser? I don’t think you’re allowed to advertise if you’re not an official advertiser.

hmm im interested in this,
what type of bulbs? can you get 9007? (i think thats what i have i would have to double check)

what color are they white? blue?

I can pretty much get anything, in any color.

No, I’m not an advertiser

I’m your dad

and wtf is up with the dodge colt in your sig?

Anyway…

When can you get these? Now or after winter? :slight_smile:

H7 conversion kits suck. The reflectors are not designed fot the high output and you will be blinding people

do you have any other info or pictures of these kits?

had one on my GTi H4s or H7s cant remember, but even though everyone said the same as you ^ no problems at all, never got a flash from other drivers even once. Granted its not the optimal set up for HID, but you work with what you have and it was still tons better than the OEM lighting IMHO. Next question to you would be have you ever had them in a reflector housing yourself ? Just curious…

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?t=180030 same thing or no? I see the price is different.

i’d buy a set. can you get the high/low beam ones?

too bad every car i own has sealed beam flipups lol

Similar to those kits, i’d say just as good.

My FD has HIDs, you better step up to the plate foo!!! :bloated:

X…

what kit did u get xander? i don’t wanna spend an insane amount of money on them at that point i’d just do the non-flipup conversion

i would be interested in this.

No, I personally have never run them myself in a H7 housing. I have seen a few on the road and you can just tell… the color is correct but there is no cutoff line and they bleed up and are annoying… Im sure it also depends on the car too. Every reflector housing is designed differently. Sounds like the Evo housing had decent beam control if you dont get any glare. Im whining because the more of these glare kits on the road the more uncomfertable my night drive may get.

I put a set of Porsche 996 projectors along with D2S bulbs and Gen3 ballasts in a OEM style housing retrofit. It was VERY expensive and time consuming. The results were worth it but I guess I wouldnt expect everyone to go that route… definitely not simple.

I got another pair of BiXenon E-Code projectors out of a Benz I need to retrofit into mustang housings. Cant wait to see the blue halo effect on those.

interested in 2-3 kits? ill pm you what i need ok.

It doesn’t matter what kinda bulbs or ballasts you get, it’s all about the projectors (light delivery) with your concerns.

true… when I said H7… I was assuming non-projector Housings/refelectors