HIDs installed in 03 325i, Now they flicker like strobes

My friends just picked up a 325i with halogen headlights. He wanted HIDs so he bought the typical McCulluch kit and we put them in the stock housings. When we first were putting them in we hooked them up and tested them and everything worked great so we finished installing them. When we finished installing them, we turned thekey to the on position and turned the lights and and the turned on fine. then we started the car and they turned back on fine too. We then shut the lights off but kept the car running and then like 5 mins later turned the lights back on and they just flickered like strobes for a min and then we shut them off. We made sure all the connections were solid and tuned the llights back on before turning the car on and then truned the car on and they worked fine again. We shut them off while the car was on and then turned them back on a couple minutes later and they flickered again so we shut the car off. We then waited a lil while longer and turned the car on and then the lights and they strobed. Turned the car off, waited a while, turned lights on then car and everything was fine. We then decieded to back the car out of the garage so we put it in reversed and as we were backing out of the garage, the lights started to flicker again so we turned the car off. Waited a little while turned the lights on and then the car and everything was fine. Drove around the block and everything was still good. He went to leave my house and they started to flicker again.

WTF is going on?

Cliffs: Installed HIDs in 03 325I with halogens stock. HIDs now strobe when they are turned on after the car is already running. If the car is parked and you turn them on before you turn the car on they work.

Sounds like a ballast issue to me; almost like they are not getting enough power; how do you have them wired in? Please tell me u ran a new wire from the battery through a 40A relay, then to the ballast? if not, that could very well be your issue.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, then you may have a bad set of ballasts.

word. if you are running through your old harnesses, that could be a problem…

yup and double check the ground tooo. bad grounds cause weird things to happen.

Ya I we just did the plug and play route. We didnt want to cut his harness if we didnt have to. The directions that came in the box were in Chinese so they werent very helpful. Does anyone know of any websites that have detailed install instructions?

Your not supplying enough power. My brother has a McCulluch kit also. It works great. I noticed the same thing happen when his car is off and he has them on for a while.

zBummmpp so you guys can get that fixed.

UPDATE:

Went to BMW and they said that their lights have a Modual(sp?) on their lights that make them pulse. I cant remeber the name of it right now but basically I cant use HIDs on this car because of this lil modual.

NEW PLAN:

We want to hard wire the HIDs so that when the car turns on, the HIDs automatically turn on by themselves. we cant use the Healight switch because that is what is causeing them to pulse. I know that by doing this, you wont be able to turn them off but he doesnt really car about turning them off when the car is on. How would we go about doing this? What could we tap into to make this work right? We are runing a 20A fuse and a relay. How can we make this work?

can anyone with experience installing these help out?
newman?