Hid Install On 2g Talon

So since most of my friends I cruise around with have hids and i wanted to make my car look better i figured i would grab a set and throw them in my car. I was reading alot about it online and it claimed it was a nice simple task. Well it was simple installing them. However , it wasnt simple figuring out why they werent working. The first time it didnt work i figured it was because i didnt change the headlamp fuse to a 20amp like it said. So i went to advanced and picked one up. That didnt work. Switch the sides of the ballasts just for shits and giggles. That didnt work. So after about 2 hours of messing around with it i went looking through forums trying to figure it out. Apparently on some cars you have to reverse the polarity of the ballast by switching the positive and negative wire. So we did that on both sides and now it fires up? The instructions said nothing about that and most people claim they didnt have to do that. Any idea why i had to? O ya they are bright as hell. 4300k 9006 bulbs

Hid is a Positive source light, standard lights are a negative…

i had to do the same thing on the truck but i did a relay too to help with the voltage draw of them

congratulations on being one of the faggots that put HID bulbs in headlamps they weren’t designed for and therefore give them no cut-off and blind the shit out of oncoming traffic.

ricer douchebag.

Um… i have projector inserts in my headlights. They aim the hids unlike the stock headlights? So its not going everywhere and blinding people.

my bad. from your description of the install it sounded like you just popped in HID bulbs without putting in the projectors. There’s tons of people down here that have that and its uber annoying.

we just popped in HID bulbs in my girl’s civic and theres HARDLY and glare above the cutoff…

been drivin with them for about a week now and noone has highbeamed us

I run a set of 10K and have no problems as long as they are aimed right.

damn… 10K’s are too purple for me

i think 4300 is the best or 5000

we went with 6000K for the civic

I don’t know it is this particular kit but the light is just a very blue. I’m sure the 5k or 6k put out a little more light but I still love mine.

I have H4 8000k’s in my green hatch. It took me about 2 min to install them.

I’m definitly a ricer douch b/c i BLIND people with them :smiley:

took me about an hour, i was takin my time…

easiest way to do it is take the front wheels off and unclip and pull back the fenderwell

4300k I read are supposedly the brightest ones illumination wise. where it says 4700 it means 4300

4300k Xtreme White 3100Lm
6000k Diamond White 2900Lm
8000k Iceberg Blue 2500Lm
10000k Brilliant Blue 2300Lm
12000k Violet Purple 2000Lm

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/hidcolourgg1.jpg

true, the higher tempurature doesn’t mean that its brighter. The 8000k’s are JUST too blue for my taste, but lets people know rice is on its way :kekegay:

:rofl:

i picked up the 12k kit for my civic i love em, where did most of you guys get your kits? and the prices(i want to compare)

http://stores.ebay.com/YOUR-ONLINE-CAR-PARTS-RESOURCES
i paid 145 for the 4300k.

Ebay kit of some sort, paid around 100-105 shipped

I was looking at F1spec.com. I’ve heard they’re nice, but I bought a seat from them and it is a little cheaply made and no assembly instructions for the sliders or mounts. blah blah blah

i picked mine up off honda-tech from a seller on there great kit compleatly plug and play very easy to install paid 150 which included shipping if anybody is looking for a kit pm me and ill send you a link great guys very fast shipping

http://stores.ebay.com/Kassabian9898-Car-China

got ours here, heard nothing but GREAT things from this seller and he ships overnight from china :eek: WOW
oh and also a 3 year warrenty