HID's

Hi All,
New owner of a Rogue and looking for HID’s. After doing some research, I wanted to buy a kit to install HID’s (Prolumen). But someone told me to save my money and just buy bulbs, and he doesn’t mean the ones you get from Pacific Mall. He told me to order Osrum H11 55W bulbs, and that this should have the same effect.

Can someone let me know if this is true? I need a 101 class on HID’s, I’ve been outta the scene for quite some time, and I need a refresher on lights.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Frankfut

Impossible. Not true at all. Halogens will not produce the same effect as HIDs. In any event, even if the light output is “close,” a true HID bulb only uses 35W when warmed up, but up to 85W on cold starts. The Halogen maintains 55W at all times (electrically speaking it will consume slightly more on cold startups). Considering the bulb runs longer in a warmed up mode, the HID will always consume less power than the Halogens.

On that same note, I would not buy an HID kit. Look into doing a proper retrofit like what I’ve done on my Z32 with Acura TSX headlights and my S110 with Mercedes E55 AMG headlights

PCPROA made a great point there

i would not recommend and HID without the projectors specially on Rogue cuz it’s a pretty high car and you will blind everyone.

So it might be a bit pricy project if you want it done properly.

i’m thinking to upgrade my wife’s Nissan Quest with an HIDhow much do you think it will cost me for the complete setup.

Can i buy from off the shelf HID’s and how hard it is to install?

pm sent …

Best forums for real HID related information is here:

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/

With HID kits being sold at $30usd, I’m surprised there isn’t more of these holigans on the road. Fingers crossed that they don’t ever find that website…

PS. Oldschoolers, you can has hookups for all retrofit components, Philips bulbs, lens, shrouds, projectors, just LMK.