high speed chase...in amherst???

allright, so im at work (doind nothing as usual and looking out the window) when out of nowhere this SUV comes flying down main street and right though the intersection on the corner of where i work (Main and North Forest) and and hits like 3 cars…and keeps goin and hits like 4 more and by then its outta my sight and i guesshe kept goin. i see all this followed by huge swarm of assorted Amherst, NYS Trooper and NFTA cop cars come flying after him and i kno something is up. so theres an off duty Amherst cop doing security at my work and i ask him what the hell is goin on and we walk outside. let me try and spell thing out for u the best i can: in the middle of the intersection, theres a Buick skylark with heavy passenger side and front dammage, a little farther back theres an exploere that just got raped (with a for sale sign in the window, interestingly enough haha), then theres an Equnox near the Skylark that must have had rear end dammage cuz it looked ok, and then there was a cavalier facing the wrong way wraped around a tree. then on the other side of the road there were a shitlaod of thoer assored cars sideswiped and rear ended. there were something like 17 car involved total. this was all bwtween that intersection and the Timmy ho’s near the thruway. so come to find out, these 3 ‘brothas’ went and robbed some people at the eastern hills mall, then somehow ended up on transit in west senneca, where they were spotted and a high-speed chase ensued all over the arear. so i guess there wa a huge pilup at main and transit as well, and then they got through to main and north forest and the car just was too smashed to they got out on foot and were running around somehwhere. when i left work, the cops still didnt catch them and they were running around backyards with shotguns. lovely. o yeah and they THINK these may be the people tresponsible for all the bak roberies. so when i left work they were still looking for the guys.

i hope they all die a 9mm death for that shit

yeah thats some serious shit, i hope the cops shoot them

haha just saw this on the news…they got all 3 with the help of air-one…the police copter. thats like straight up cops shit right there…the spotlight and all i would have liked to see that.

maybe amherst will be on one of those “wildest police chase” shows now :lol:

:tup: to police choppers.

holly shit! that’s crazy

anyone know the website for channel 3?

:tup: to the read, and the capture!

links to a vid would be cool right around now…

i did a brief check on all the news stations and came up with nothing.

Capital letters and paragraphs are your friend.

fuck the fuckers.

http://www.wkbw.com/Story.aspx?type=ln&NStoryID=9383

Feb 04, 2006 - Three youths are in police custody following an assault, at least one robbery and a high speed car chase through several jurisdictions, and multiple car crashes. Police say no one was seriously injured.

It started this afternoon at the Boulevard Mall in Amherst. Police say a group of youths approached an elderly woman outside the J.C. Penny store. According to Amherst Police Lt. Scott Chamberlin, “the suspects approached her, one of them struck her in the head or face with the butt end of a rifle and then took her purse.” Police say the woman was not seriously injured. But the suspects were not through.

From there they headed for West Seneca and the Southgate Plaza, where they targeted an elderly couple. The couple ran away and got help, the suspects also fled. Captain Mark Koss of the New York State Police says “they got into the vehicle and stopped at another location and asked directions to the expressway.” A short time later the suspects were at the Eastern Hills Mall, where police believe they planned to attempt another robbery, but this time they were spotted by a State Trooper, who began a car chase that would end with multiple cars being struck and the suspects’ minivan finally crashing in a parking lot on Main Street in Amherst. Police then began a foot chase, that led into a wooded area, the Erie County Sheriff’s helicopter assisted in making the final arrest, using infrared imaging.

Officers made a total of three arrests, and Police say stolen items and a rifle were found in the minivan–which police believe was also stolen. Several jurisdictions were involved in the pursuit, and the suspects face numerous charges in several jurisdictions. “It’s a very risky thing,” said Amherst Police Lt. Scott Chamberlin, “this time of day with the suspects that were involved, these are the people that we need to stop and we were able to do that, luckily.”

Hopefully Amherst throws the book at these fuckers. Some scumbag lawyer will probably find a way to get them off though.

its about time amherst actually caught a robber. cough 15 out of 19 bank robberies

damn. i went trough the intersection just couple hours ago…

pretty fvcked up, i’ve to say…

my friend told me about this, she was in the area when she saw it. She was talking to her mom as she was telling her to lock her doors because a wack job is on the lose she sees a kid run by and cops chasing him the cop caught him and was talking to him with the mother right there. Apparantly they were questioning her on his whereabouts while she was in the store. My friend said she barely replied and when she didn’t vocalize her confirmation on his being with him they arrested him, a few min later she saw them arrest another guy…if there were 3 they have 2 but i am not completely sure

woops a little too late, the article already pointed out they were ALL arrested

what fuks, i hope they get wha tthey deserve

my dad built that helicopter out of like 1000 boxes.

Thanks.

i was working at eastern hills today. im glad no shit went down

Yeah, I was there when this happened, at Main and Forest.

I have some interesting video of the crash site…

Pretty fugged up…