High speed internet question

Buy RG-11 privately… run it from your house to the pole, have TW make the pole connection. (?)

As per outdoor wireless Access Points…

DWL-2700AP > Wireless 802.11g Outdoor AP/Bridge

You would need to get an outdoor power box and weather box to house the other equipment needed (router, cable modem at the pole)

Then you would need two of these to transmit to your house. One at the pole by the street, and the other at the house.

Then you would need a switch inside the house which is connected to the DWL-2700AP on your house. Connected to that switch, you have a with an Indoor Wireless Access Point to transmit wireless into your house. Any Wireless-G RangeMax or similar AP would work.

This is NOT the best method, but IS how you would complete what you would like to do. It is also pricey, and for only 6Mbps transmission from the pole to your house, you are losing A LOT of bandwidth. I wouldn’t do it. But you asked.

Just for reference:

Wireless Signal Range*
802.11g (Full Power with 5dBi gain diversity dipole antenna)

Indoor:• 98ft (30m) @ 54Mbps
• 112ft (34m) @ 48Mbps
• 184ft (56m) @ 18Mbps
• 217ft (66m) @ 12Mbps
• 259ft (79m) @ 9Mbps
• 325ft (99m) @ 6Mbps

Outdoor:• 367ft (112m) @ 54Mbps
• 820ft (250m) @ 18Mbps
• 1,640ft (500m) @ 6Mbps

http://www.wirelesshouse.com.au/p819/s336/NetComm_Yagi_Antenna_8_dBi_EM2035?PHPSESSID=684b9a56ae2edde48f34e7f679808d7f

http://www.wirelesshouse.com.au/use/covers/wireless/files/db/7/336/EM3025_web.gif

Or you could use a couple of these in some sort of configuration. Its a directional antenna.

This would definitely boost speeds. That makes it a possible solution

:wave:

I just happen to be a certified Wild Blue technician if you have any questions that the website doesn’t answer.

And yes, wild blue sucks for gaming.

I also know a small army of cable techs if you need some help with that.

Bump.
Update?
What are my options now that it is 2008?:stuck_out_tongue:
Same?

LOCALNET!!!

lol oh just pull the damn cable. Do it right.

Wild Blue still sucks for gaming/upload.

you can try a VZW evdo aircard, just make sure you’re not using it for gaming or streaming video. i think you should get signal in that location.

I would have done that already but my Verizon phone guy abadoned me.:eyebrow:

I have a demo unit we can try out, i’ll try and check either today or tomorrow if its hot yet, and maybe this weekend I can make it out and check coverage/speeds.

I could also just talk to my old store and have them take care of you. If you put in under the business name you will need to change your contract over to an MAA.

that = a bit of a PITA

Cool, thanks Jeff.

ok im now bumping this … i need to also get something and cell phones dont even think about working at my house so the answer is wildblue, thing is i also need dish … can anyone get me a deal …right now i can get the basic dish package for 39.99 with dvr (2rooms) and 1.5mb interweb with 15gb cap for 79.99… all installed and such in 3 days for $175 … any get me a better deal let me know

TT Carbonfiberhooded

thanks