hks gt2540 turbo???

hey, so the turbo that came with my sr20 is a HKS gt2540, at least thats what it says onthe serial plate. the exhaust side looks so much smaller and says garrett. now i know hks takes garrett turbos and modifies them. but from what the net all says and the maps i’vel ooked at it says this turbo is capable of 350hp? whaaat! with such a small exhaust side i didn’t think it could keep up. anyone have any suggestions on how much boost this can run? at the moment i’m running 17 psi and it seems to fly.

I doubt HKS modifies them. I belt they pull a STILLEN trick. Buy others products and stamp your name on it.

hmm. well this isn’t a t25 turbo, thats for sure. the intake side is alot bigger, has hks stamped on it, and is a balling bearing turbo. and ya people have said hks will do modifications to turbos, take a turbo by garrett and make it better? iduno. just wanted to know what this turbo could put out. if it did have a gt2540 intake side and possibly t25 exhaust.

Oops. My Mistake. Its STILLEn and someone else (cant remember) that use to rip off HKS & Greddy. STILLEN now lists it as HKS and Greddy parts. lol

and check the HKS website and/or send them an email. They will be able to tell you straight from the horses mouth rather than here say and “I think”

hey sorry, i haven’t heard about stillen, until just a few moments ago when i looked them up. my bad for doubting u hah

Ummm probably 350max!!! its a turbo how far do you want to push it? those turbos have no top end on them so they spool quick but are gutless up top. And are you thinking of running more than 17psi of boost if so on what kind of car and what are your mods?

strange. i’ve noticed that i dont feel this turbo kick in till later in my powerband, unlike the t25 that has low end torque i find my car has the most torque at the high rpms. its an sr20det, 550cc injectors, maf, fuel pump, fmic, full exhaust, basically a bunch of bolt ons but the engine internals r still stock, which should be fine. i found a map that i think is for my turbo, but i am not sure how to figure out the max boost…

HKS does not modify the Turbo’s in any way. They just use Garrett Turbo’s and put a new HKS compressor housing on them so it says T04Z, T51R, GT2540 etc… on hksusa it has the turbo listed to handle 360ps which is about 350whp.

I would not suggest pushing it over 18 psi, and I would not suggest pushing more than 350whp.

2540 is an awesome turbo and on a stock sr20 it should make some good peak power but 17-18psi is pushing it without a buildup. That turbo will not wake up and make the 350hp at that low of boost and without some decent cams