HKS Hyundai Genesis Coupe

I think they are going to get it right with this car. any new rear wheel drive car in this market is a good thing…hyundia is listening to us that want these cars!

and I’m not going to doubt you on that statement, Lexus has always topped the list in ANY sort of quality surveys or tests, and having driven a few they are amazingly designed and executed cars.

All I’m saying is that I’m sure there will be cross shopping between the Genesis and copmparable lexus models. To the average consumer, the difference in quality will not likely be seen in the finish of the car.

Lol, It was the best selling car in Canada though when released, and with a mitsu drivetrain you still see some driving around. I still think It’d be rad to drop a 2JZ/sr20/LSX in one and turn it into a drift car. Heh

Guys, guys, guys…

Someone who is ready to buy a 100k Lexus LS will never think “oh screw this, I’m going with a Hyundai”, this just won’t happen. So of course the Genesis is not built like an LS, it’s not suppose to be since it’s HALF the price, fully loaded it’s 50kCDN!!

What will happen is that people who are going to spend 50k on a Maxima or an Avalon or a Lincoln will take this out for a drive and realize how amazing it is for the same price.

I don’t know about you guys, I would take this over anything else in it’s size/price bracket. The new Maxima is hideous, the Avalon is boring as hell, the new TL is the worst looking car ever made, like ever, the MKS could be a surprise, but it’s FWD, the STS is to expensive, the 9-5 is hideous and FWD and anything German is way overpriced.

The other thing about it is that if someone is looking at a top of the line Accord or Camry, they can actually lease a Genesis for less… this was also part of their planning… it can compete in various segments

i’d still buy it.

i bought a Kia for my wife… 45,000km’s on it from new… no issues what so ever and we skipped the first couple services…lol

the difference between cars these days as far as quality is so marginal. I cant imagine anything not covered under warranty that would warrant a $20k price tag difference from a quality standpoint.

The main reason i would consider the Lexus has nothing to do with quality. It has to do with residual value.

Lexus’s hold their value better than BMW’s, hence why you cant get a 2002 IS300 for under $12,000 but you can buy 2002 3 series’ for less than $12k all day long.

If you lease to own a Lexus when you come up the buy-out point you can buy it out and flip it for more money… many other cars you cannot do that with. Heck, even BMW, who owns 80% of their cars still (all on lease) and who is therefore able to price fix and control the resale value of their cars has a tough time matching Lexus in the residual value category.

The Hyundai on the other hand will not have the same longevity simply because not enough people are convinced it is the real deal. Eventually Hyundai will launch their own premium brand (lexus v. Toyota) and that brand may compete with Lexus in other areas, but on a spec for spec pure operational perspective i dont see any reason why you couldnt compare the Genesis head to head with Lexus or even Mercedes given the price difference.

The same is true for Cadillac’s CTS-V vs. Audi RS6… the Audi is like $75k more… fuuuuuuuuuk that

^^^ Hyundai was supposed to launch the genesis line overall as their luxury line but it would cost them millions to do to launch it and upgrade the dealers too. Instead they are going to start the genesis cars and see how they do before they divide them… in some parts oversees they actually do not have any hyundai badging on the genesis at all, instead they have this http://img.worldcarfans.com/US/2007/12/4/9071204.001/9071204.001.1M.jpg

I think they are going to see what the genesis and the genesis coupe do… i would not be surprised if next would be a genesis suv too and then divide the two parts… but that is just my own thinking

I must say, hyundai’s not-so-good reputation has diminished over the last few years. Especially with this new lineup, I am absolutely loving the genesis coupe.

It seems to me that they are also taking ideas from every major (mostly jap) auto manufacturer and adapting it to their own. Eg. that genesis reminds me a lot of the newer altima coupe, and that genesis sedan is a freakin BMW M5/ Bentley/ Lexus GS hybrid if I ever saw one.

With their prices as they are now, taking a chance buying these over a new BMW (which doesnt retain its value like the japanese cars) would be a bit of a risk, but its one that I would be willing to take…

yah my self i own a spectra 5 2007 all reddy 56500km and im hapyp with it i also skiped most of the services and i still didnt do them, and dont plan on doing them

shitty thing about the spectra the body is sooo soft the doors you can punch a dent in it with the INdex Finger

what a lame intro.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QmyIjNmTVoU&eurl=http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/19/new-york-2008-hyundai-genesis-coupe-live/

i want one XD first hyundai i would ever buy. and it wuld be my daily/winter car

I will set up a meet at the dealership i work at when these things roll in lol

…look who was driving ahahah

loool

2009 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 vs. 2008 Lexus GS 350

The 2009 genesis wins due to the price difference
factor in things like status, and people will prefere the lexus.
The Hyundai may be an underdog,
but the fact is that hyundai is now being compared to lexus, that on is victory on its own.

quote from clip

I would definitely test this against the new maxima. The outcome may be surprising.

Right off the bat the Genesis wins against the new Maxima.

Genesis: Gorgeous.
Maxima: Shit-pile.

Genesis: RWD
Maxima: FWD

Genesis: 4.6 V8
Maxima: 3.5 V6

Genesis: Real Automatic
Maxima: CVT Bullshit

Genesis: Fully-loaded: 50,000$
Maxima: Fully-loaded: 45,000$

I would gladly pay the extra 5,000$.

the 3.8 V6 in the genesis is pretty decent too… with the tech package your in around 45000

…and the Maxima get’s totally killed.

not a bit like the G in the rear, exactly like the G