Holy General Lee auction

[quote=“02AccordCoupe,post:20,topic:28648"”]

Im 18 and i saw most of the episodes…

2.3 mil is a little steep tho…

[/quote]

you wait until a power rangers thingamajigger goes up for sale, you will be saying to yourself “boy do wish i had 2.xxx million dollars for that”

you cant argue its value; well you can try, but you will end up making an ass of yourself, and i will point it out to everyone.
the car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. sooooo, if someone is willing to pay 2.whatever million for it, then that is its perceived value.

there, now you are 18, have seen the dukes of hazard show, and had a lesson in perceived value. maybe after a cup of coffee i will give a lesson in “added value”, or how to build value into a product.
there are plenty of examples that can be pulled from this auctions description.

edit:
and when i get a scooter, i am going to paint it like the general lee

[quote=“ImportMuscle,post:12,topic:28648"”]

IIRC the origional general lee was a mopar 440, not a hemi 426

[/quote]

There were over 300 original General Lee’s, 317 if I remember correctly. Most were 318’s, a few 383’s, and only one 440. No Hemi’s. They were too expensive to buy just to wreck.

did anyone even read the auction :bloated:

he says in the first comment the bidding price was exaggerated by a couple phony bidders. :\

[quote=“Southtowns27,post:22,topic:28648"”]

There were over 300 original General Lee’s, 317 if I remember correctly. Most were 318’s, a few 383’s, and only one 440. No Hemi’s. They were too expensive to buy just to wreck.

[/quote]

And some were roadrunners too. Those boys just smashed them up worse than Cooter Davenport could fix.

2.7 Million with 1 day to go.
Exaggerated bidders or not, it’s big $$$

Holy crap, $4 million and 15 hours to go

[quote=“TrueBlue,post:8,topic:28648"”]

This is the movie Charger I’ve always wanted:

http://www.moparmuscle69.com/blade1.jpg

And I grew up watching the Dukes…

[/quote]

+1

$9.9 million

go build a few thousand of them for that cash.

If that last bid was legit you know old Boe is gonna be smilen’ from ear to ear!