Home Air Duct Cleaning

Recently purchased a home and the air ducts don’t look like they’ve been cleaned since the house was built in 1955. Has anyone had this service performed on their house? Any recommendations as far as companies to hire?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Call Sean (Bravada442) , via his company AirPro

Yeah, I called Sean back in the spring and his guys did a great job putting a new furnace in my townhouse before I sold it.

Didn’t know they did duct cleaning though. I am in need of that too since my house is from the 50’s and had dust caked in the air return ducts when I took the covers off.

Same thing as what I’ve got. I don’t even want to think about all the shit I’m breathing when the air is on.

Thanks for the references guys, I appreciate the fact I’ve done good enough work that you’ll recommend me.

Anyways, we do NOT do any duct cleaning. We looked into it at one time, but the equipment cost is really quite expensive when you are getting into buying big box trucks and equipping them with the heavy duty machines that are required to do this stuff properly (you don’t want to use shop vacs on steroids, you want the big trucks)

Anyways, we have a company that we have an agreement with called Air Duct Maintenance. Call over to them at 1-800-922-3828 and let them know that you were referred by Sean at Air Pro and they will give you 10% off their regular prices.

gte it done, just had it completed it made a difference in flow, and air quality

How much did it run you?

My brother in law used to work for a company that did this and then started his own business when he realized how much money he could make. I helped him out on a few jobs and wish I could show you pictures of my parent’s ducts before and after.

He, and most of the companies would charge based on number of runs of duct work and number of vents.

What he found out is that the low tech equipment does a better job than than the high tech self propelled pneumatic 9 brush robotic duct cleaner would do. The company he worked for bought some of this equipment and they never used it after the 2nd or 3rd time.

He sold his business after it grew beyond what he could handle, but he kept the equipment. I will give him a call and ask him what the going rate is now a days and see if he has any recommendation for you.

I found the pictures and just took a picture of them with my camera.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2639/3701611226_128db88077.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2648/3701609640_248832ace4.jpg?v=0

mine with 60.00 with coupon

Wow, and that got full service for both supply and return ducts? What company?

they pulled all vents vac out and sanatized. main and pulled both filter and serviced that as-well. it was in the clipper mag, the had the carperts cleaned.for 76.

I had actually been looking at their website prior to making the original post. I appreciate the help!