Honda != Apple

Whereas my Honda Accord has never left me stranded…

…my Apple MacBook has only taken 2 months to decide that it doesn’t like the number “4” and now turning on. It has left my house all of 1 time.

Now I know why people said don’t buy an Apple. At least I can go to the pretentiously named “genius bar” to get it fixed. What a treat!

:frowning: well if it makes you feel better…

my dell has a battery life of 10 mins and i’ve only had it a year.

toshiba ftw

Compaq/HP > Averatec > Apple > Dell

hmm werent u posting about how super that POS was about 2 months ago?, shouldent of spoken so soon huh.

Honda > Compaq > Apple > Dell > VW

i think toshiba has the highest rate of repairs out of any pc

EDIT: neverr had an issue with my dell since ive owned it.

compaq/hp doesnt exactly have the best track record although ive heard they area much better now then in the past

ugh i would put averatec below cat poop. i hate mine.

ya my Toshiba was horrible, sadly my sony laptop has had the best reliability factor :frowning:

:gotme: ive had my toshiba for about two years now, back and forth to work everyday for the first year, then used at home as a primary computer up until a few months ago and the only thing ive replaced was the battery once.

eh i own a apple and a VW? should i be worried??

yes!

omg ticking time bomb

IBM Think Pads > Toshiba > Powerbook G4 > *

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14799&page=2&pp=30

3rd month update: Overpriced piece of shit.

There I fixed it for you!

It’s sitting at the Apple store awaiting a new top cover because of the “4” button, however I have to “restore” the computer myself. Thanks, Genius.

I had trouble with my MacBook randomly shutting down too. I took it into the store and talked with a genius who immediately knew how to replicate it and shipped it off for repair for me that day. While it was being fixed they also noticed that there was slight discoloration on the plastic cover around the keyboard, so they replaced that as well. I didn’t pay a dime and had my laptop back to me as good as new within a weeks time.

Any computer can have problems, but what I have loved so much about Apple is the way they handle me as a customer.

well they should considering they overcharged u for that laptop to begin with

apple=overpriced just like sony :slight_smile:

My laptop was 1099 before tax. That’s not much for a computer that I have running Mac and Windows at the same time (thereby making it twice as effective as a regular PC, since I do run a lot of programs that are either mac or windows only), handles CS and all graphic intesive programs better than my previous laptop (which I bought less than three years ago, and which cost a lot more than 1099), and that has such superior support.

Oh, and I got almost a 50% discount on a 30GB video iPod when I bought it at the same time. Oh, and I got an education discount on both the remainder of the cost of the iPod, and on the computer itself, so it was even cheaper.

All in all, if 1099+tax is overcharged, then I’ll remain the fool.