honda civic cold air intake problem?

hey guys this is gonna sound like a dumb question but i put a cold air intake on my 98 honda civic and i hooked everything up right but at mid range i get a squeeling noise it almost sounds like a loose belt but it never did it till the intake was on and i dont think it was a coincadence that the belt got loose after the intake. Any suggestions guys they would be greatly appreciated the noise is drivin me nuts.

its common to get an intake whistle after installing an intake. is it throttle related?

ya its like wen i get on it it whistles really loud but once its steady no whistle if u let of the gas it whistles and if u go to get on it… it whistles. but if i take it up at a steady rpm no whistle.

Sounds like it’s just the extra air you’re sucking in with the intake. So it’s a whistle and not a squeak? If that’s the case, that’s what I’m putting my money on.

to be honest it sounds like a belt squeel but its not thats just the noise its givind off

I’d say it might be rubbing on something during a certain rpm. Like where it passes through the body.

probably just intake whistle

is there any way to get rid of intake whistle?

crank up the tunes

remove the kazoo from the pipe

ha ha thx guys

def intake whistle…my injen filter did it super loud, and K&N’s do it to…i dont notice it much with chepo filters…try that

“I gonna pistol whip the next person that says whistle!”

Woooooo wooooooooo

ya the bad part is it WHISTLES with a cheapo filter thats for u slo/rt lol jp so maybe i should buy an expensive filter idk its so annoying im about to put the stock air box back on

Modding a car and you want it to stay quiet…?

not quiet i guess u just have to hear the noise

Yeah probably, mine got louder with an intake but not a whistle/whine…

whistlin dixie…:blue:

Are you using an actual “cold air” in the fender/bumper or is it a shorter tube? You could either tack up a stainless box for the filter or put some soundproofing on your hood.