Honda Civic, Honda Fit, etc...

I don’t know how you do it.

I was going up a little hill on the test drive and had to hold it to the floor. It went to redline in 1st, shifted to 2nd, then shifted back to first after 3 seconds because 2nd couldn’t handle it. It was absolutely retarded how slow it was.

I only buy manual transmission cars. With a low-power car, it makes a huge difference.

one of the best bang for your buck b-segment cars…is the Versa.
i’m not a huge fan of the look but it always gets good reviews.

its a wait but i’ve read nothing but good things about the new fiesta thats coming…said “it’s as good or better then all in its class”

Rondo is OK but the “sport” one only comes in auto.
there is the suzuki SX4…only car in its class(b-segment) with AWD…not that exciting but for what you get for the price its not bad…plus you can get WAD with a manual tranny. there is rumor that a boosted turner/rally version might be coming.

I hate to say it but the words GAY & VW are most closely linked in the car scene.

Go with a Scion…

Mazda 6… new one or leftover old one?

yeah… lol… scions aren’t homo :rofl:

meanwhile it’s for 77redneck so both would be perfect… the rabbit would just make more sense since you’d be buying a quality car, as opposed to buying shit.

understandable, but hes right…rabbits are gay.

:finger:

vw has the worst rating of any maker, how can you say they are quality? That like saying mac’s are good computers because a few people like them.

Since this has gone on, are you (77rednecktruck) anti the Civic Si Sedan?

I wouldn’t mind the SI, but like Pewter and Darkstar, I have to get an auto. The wife will have to drive the car and refuses to drive the stick :frowning: .

because i’ve owned vw’s and they have been decent to me… I don’t read homo ratings… i don’t even test drive cars… pussy

agreed… i would like to now introduce you to 77redneck

The new toyota matrix/Pontiac Vibe is a really nice car for 18k

You may want to look at the new Focus, My dad who owns his own buisness and travels around likes his, and my Brother just bought one as well. I’m by no means a Ford guy but they are nice and get the job done.

I had a Focus sedan for a rental not too long ago; it wasn’t a bad car on its own merits, but there are a lot better cars for the money.

What about an impreza? One can be had for 17k, or well equipped for 20k

Impreza or Forester would be a great choice. AWD, decent mileage and well equipped for $20K. One of the best features of the impeza or forester is something that you just cannot get in a civic, fit, or versa.

Torque.

170lb/ft Vs 106-127lb/ft in the others. That is why the cars you have driven feel so damn slow…no torque.

The Forester has a little more room and is about 200# heavier, but either one is good choice.

Not sure on price but my buddy has an 04 or 05 sentra and averages 30-35 mpg. Depending on his driving style. Auto btw.

well maybe your friend doesnt understand what 6th gear is for then

or is his car just that beat on

The current Focus is the same platform that has been around in the U.S. forever, just freshened up visually. Overall I think they feel quite like economy cars and I really hate almost everything about them. If you weren’t buying now and could wait for the rumored U.S. launch of the European Focus in 2009/2010 it would be worth looking at.

The last generation of Matrix/Vibe drove like ass. I test drove a couple, which felt underpowered and much noisier than I expected. Cargo room was OK but I would have traded some in for a couple more inches in rear leg room. The back seats felt like I was in a coupe. I can’t comment on the new version.

An Impreza (170hp/170tq) is probably worth driving.

I bought a 2007 Ford Fusion today. It is only a 4 banger but it has a moon roof and just about every other option. After driving just about every car that size, it feels the best. the nissan’s transmissions felt like garbage. The honda and toyota were too damn slow and the subaru was very uncomfortable. The malibu was nice but the wife didn’t like how they looked :dunno: , I actually liked the malibu.

I really didn’t want to get a ford but it comes with a 100,000 mile warranty and it only has 19k on it now, and the fact that I got it for $13k.

yay!