Honda guys, another question/problem

Just a curiousity thing, because I dont know how honda transmissions work…

Lets say driver’s side axle is not connected, but passenger’s side IS…in nuetral…car seems to not want to roll…I can rock it, but get kind of a “pop” or “knock” or “bump” type of sound like it gets stuck and wont roll. Is this because one axle is connected and the other isnt?

i dont think it would matter…when you took the axle out is did you pop off the lower control arm? is it bolted back up to the ball joint?

its more complicated than that, I didnt take out the axle on purpose…

basically, this civic has a z6 swap, with no a/c, no p/s, etc…so there is only one engine mount on the driver’s side…which today, stripped both bolts that go into the side of the block, and dropped the motor onto the pavement and popped the driver’s axle apart and the bearings are gone and the boot is torn…the engine runs fine no noises, but I cant get the mount back up, so i made something with a metal bar onto the frame to temporarily get the motor off the ground to try to get the car into the driveway (was towed home)…then when i went to roll it I can only rock it about 8" either direction, not in gear, ebrake is off. only thing i can think of is the trans got fucked, or the passenger axle is binding from being out of alignment cause the motor isnt mounted up properly

is the pass axle any good? i’d take a sawzall and cut the fucker in half to see if you can roll it. you can’t get the axle out without taking the lca off the balljoint which is a bitch.

i think somthing is binding the other axle, It should roll freely. When you lost both bolts in the timing belt side mount, did it damage the threads or did the bolts just vibrate out? You can helicoil it if its not too bad but it must be done with extreme caution because right behind the bosses in the block are the water jackets for the cylinders. Ive actually seen at least 5 different times, hondas that had the timing belt side motor mount bosses crack or in some cases completely break out of the block clear through to the water jackets. Be careful

it actually ripped the threads right out of the motor, the bolts are perfectly fine. I refuse to cut the other axle, we cant even really afford to replace the driver side right now. All the gears work fine when i jump in the car and move the shifter, it was hard to go into fifth, but otherwise it was as normal. I am also thinking and hoping im binding the passenger side axle.