wtf

bad vibration…yeam my car is shaking real bad under acceleration i just put a new transmission in and am not sure what it is…if anyone has anyides for me to start looking at please im open to everything

Motor mount loose or axles are bad

Could the half shafts be out of balance?

they’d have to be WAY out for shaking like that. Checking mounts will be simple. Axles, maybe, is it only during accelleration, or decel/turn as well? What condition are the CV joints in?

What condition was the clutch in when you changed the tranny?

could be as simple as the axle nut being loose

clutch was in real good condition i put it in new in march…im going to check this shit tommorrow…meanwhile i am going to order some new solid motor mounts (unless anyone on here has good aftermarket ones)…to keep my wheel hop down…its pretty bad

I don’t know if this applies, but usually when removing the 1/2 shafts I thought you were to make marks and line them up in a certain fashion or they would be prone to wobbling at speed. I.e. they’re supposed to be in one specific position. Could be just something I misunderstood/applies to something else. Who knows.

^^that does apply in certain situations. You genrally want to install both axles and the intermediate shaft in the exact orientaion they were in to begin with.

wtf i have never heard this before…i hope this is not it cause i got a new transmission and it will be a pain in the ass to figure out which way it goes

I feel that doesent make any sense Unless you have a full spool!!!

Those are always changing when you go around bends

im about to pull my motor mounts out and fill them with polyurethane…hopefully this will help…if it helps a little but not enough…then comes solid motor mounts

you mean the window-weld mod? I’ve used it before and it works pretty well for how absurdly cheap it is. My suggestion is do it in layers (don’t fill it in all the way in one shot) so it dries all the way through. Do it on one shot and the center will either not cure all the way, or take forever. You should not put the mounts in the car until at least the following day.

i was going to actually bake it kinda like they bake car paint…i want to fill them and put them in my oven at 125 degrees for a couple hours…but i guess i could do them in layers AND bake them

I welded mine solid…

its ruff

how did you go about that???

Took a peice of steel left the rubber in it to hold the Center pin in, cut a hole in the plate and welded it up

sort of like this only with steel… and for the alum one do this

so basically you welded plates on the outside of the mount??

ruff is a good word for that! Do the pins rattle on the welded plates at all?

I weld the pin on the steel ones solid…

that one is a little different

I like Joe’s motor mount mod. I may try that if the poly-fill doesn’t work…or I’ll end up just getting Hasports.