How to Check if Driveshafts Bad?

Well I know the first sign of a bad driveshaft lol ripped cv boots or the clicking when you make turns, but this is my question

Would a bad driveshaft make the car have a slight vibration at certian speed and slight shake over bumps?

Or would that be linked to the shocks and springs?

Another question.
when the car is on the ground i grabbed the driveshaft and it has some play in it. is it supposed to? or should there be no play?

Are you asking about driveshaft or halfshaft/axle?

Sorry im talking about FWD cv shafts…
I have a 1993 Del Sol. and i have those problems and i wanted to see if it was my driveshaft doing that. i know my wheels are prefectly balanced so it couldnt be my wheels. steering smooth. but the slight shaking got me asking these question even on flat road with no bumps. its slightly worst over bumps.

I just had one replaced but the other had only a small amount of play. I am not sure what exactly the threshold is of changing though. lol

I guess anything could cause vibration if it is really, really worn.

Do you have a intermediate shaft? That caused strange vibrations at only 60mph at light throttle in my 91 teg

tires out of balance? Low tire pressure? That would make vibrations at certain speeds…

As for the vibration over bumps, I’ll leave that to the other peeps

I’ve seen 1/2 shafts cause vibration, its normally the last thing you check after you are sure its not a rim/wheel/tire etc…

grab the top of the wheel and push / pull see if it moves, could be related to wheel bearing issues or ball joints. they do just randomly go bad like that.

also check left to right play, could be tierod related.