vibration issue

I have searched numerous threads on this issue but still cannot find the cause my front end vibrations.

run down on my set up
b18 swap in 94 coupe
brand new ebay swap mounts
brand new advance auto axels (the axles I just replaced with a new set as I thought the axles may have been the cause)

I am getting a pretty good vibration in my door panels and dash/steering wheel from about 2500-4000 rpm under accel. Full throttle no vibrations are felt it seems to be under slight accel. Swap my advance auto axles for a new set today did not solve the issue. All other suspension components seem ok, but my shocks are blown on skunk 2 coilovers. Any ideas here? Maybe the intermediate shaft? could it be the blown shocks? Or is it typical to get vibrations from solid mounts?

Any help would be great

what mounts were replaced?

Is it dependent on speed or RPM?

I was going to ask the same ?. If it’s speed related, it could be as simple as spin balancing the front wheels again, bec. your front end is lifting a little under hard acceleration, making it lighter, and the vibration less (theorizing here, not giving you facts).

Rpm dependant…the mounts replaced were rear torque mount, and both side mounts, the lower fronts are window welded

solid mounts will cause vibration

You welded the lower front mounts???

get some stock teg mounts and enjoy

he said he window wleded i think he means he filled them …also you dont need all 5 mounts i think if you just took off the 2 lower frounts you might fix the problem

but what he did for him self is make stiff as hell mounts that will cause crazy vibration issues.also the egay mounts that you bought i bet are stiff mounts.

so yea dan is right get your self some stock mounts and drive happy? or if you like it keep them

just take the car somewhere and have them check it out. for them to find the problem is cheap but to fix could get expensive.

The vibration just seems to be rpm dependent. I would think if the mounts were causing the vibration then it would do it all the time. I had solid inserts in my last honda and it was no where near how this car feels now. Maybe it could be the all the parts together with along with the swap just cause a vibration 2500-4000 rpm?

I can see how stiff mounts can cause vibrations in a specific range if there’s some resonance. I guess you can try less stiff mounts and see if things improve. Also make sure your pulleys etc are on straight, keyed correctly, not bent etc. Does it only do it while moving/in gear ?

I think he was asking here so he didn’t have to take it to a scam shop.:gtfo:

Trust me put new mounts in an the vibration will stop.

^^^^yup.
T.U

:word:

do you have the dampeners on the axles? i have seen shitty axles come without them. that can also cause this.

some people also cut them off to put on the cv’s …i still think it is the mounts… it will not be all the time it will be only when you get to the “sweet spot” and it cant hold anymore…but john does have a point with the cv’s

oo yea. the cv shafts should have the original dampers on them. some from the auto stores usually dont have them

any solid mount is gonna cause way more vibration